Sunday, September 30, 2007

Weekend recap

We had a busy weekend of just hanging around here. I got all of the Halloween stuff out of the attic. We put a few decorations out. The kids had fun trying on their way--too-small costumes from last year. Will walked around with these glow in the dark teeth trying to scare both me and Livi. He kept saying, "I fink I need to go to da dentist." Then cracking up. His sense of humor is so cute. He reminds me of his dad so much.

Key words there: way-too-small......so that got me thinking. I wonder how many clothes in their closets are way too small. You know how I love to clean. I told Will that he could have an M&M for every pants he tried on for me. I am so not above a bribe. I was able to clear out two kitchen sized garbage bags of things from last year. I always keep a Rubbermaid tote in the bottom of their closet for clothes that I find on sale that I know they will wear eventually....jeans the next size up, shirts for school, etc. I hung up all his 4T clothes, took inventory of what I needed to fill in.


It felt so good to get all of that done. So....I headed to Livi's room to do the same. I was shocked to learn she is wearing a 3T and some 4T in certain brands. She turns three in two weeks, but she has always been on the petite side. To put things in perspective, when Mike left almost a year ago exactly she was wearing 18-24 month clothes!!! I can't wait to see how much she as grown at her three year checkup. I bagged two bags of stuff from her closet as well.


I didn't hang up her fall/winter clothes where she could see them.. She has these little areas in her closet that are tucked behind the wall of her closet, so I hung them there. It is still in the low 90s here....we won't be needing these for a month or so. I feel like I am trying to make Fall hurry up and get here....we are ready when it goes come.





That shirt is one that is in the too small bag. Her little daisy headband is a sticker! They were playing in these tunnels with the grandparents.....she is such a little diva.
Happy Sunday, y'all

9 comments:

tulipmom said...

M & Ms were made for bribing. They sure helped SB take his Tylenol today. I'll have to bring them out next time I need SB to try on clothes ... great idea!

Libby said...

I will have to file "Bribery with M&M's" under "Mash Bananas in Plastic Bag" on my list of tips and tricks that I've learned from you!

It must be fun to see them grow. I mean, you know they grow everyday, but and afternoon of sorting out clothes really must let you see just how much.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I agree M&M's were for bribing too! I thought it actually was written on the back of the M&M package actually!

That must be such a great feeling to organize like that!

Movin Mom said...

I soo need to go there and do the same. My closet is overflowing.

Awwww your ready for fall.........90 degrees???? I sorta miss Texas :(

Monogram Queen said...

I actually did a little decorating/organizing myself this week-end and it feels good!
I could never compete with you, though, you are the QUEEN!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Don't you just love purging things you don't need/use anymore?

I sooo need to get started on my Halloween decorating.....yes I do....

Monica said...

I just did my kids' clothes too...of course then the heat came back and now we're digging for shorts!

Unknown said...

They grow so quickly! We just got rid of almost everything in my son's closet-- he grew over 5 inches this summer. Doesn't it feel great to purge all of the old stuff?!

KatBliss said...

I've been feeling the need to go through the girls clothes... but it feels like such a big job. I do this twice a year and everytime I'm done I feel like I've achieved something. But getting started is never easy. Thanks for the reminder. :)