Monday, September 10, 2007

99....Ninety nine.....

Let's see what these all have in common???


a highway??



Just thinking of 99 steps makes my thighs hurt!


99 bottles of beer on the wall....okay those look more like bottle of liquor but you get the idea.



Party like it's 1999...should I break out into song and dance??




99cent stores....




Wayne Gretzky's number




99 red balloons go by...
Some random race car.....

In 99 days Mike will be home! Whew hoo!!! We are down to double digits! We just passed the 11 month mark on the 8th. I knew the "less than 100 days" was coming....he reminded me today. Now I am getting antsy. Do I let the kids make the paper chains from 99 days.....?? Is that too long for them to get the concept? Cutting only one off each day would be a HUGE challenge for them! They would want to cut off several every day.
I am getting all giddy.....should I get a new outfit?? Do the kids and I wear matching shirts?? Should I order a cute banner? Oh whoa is me....so many things to start thinking about.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

somehow i knew that was what the 99 was for. wow not too much longer. new outfit yes, banner yes, but of the handmade kind(you're crafty) and get the kids matchers, you need something special.

tulipmom said...

What a great idea for a post! I can see why you'd be so excited! Yes to all of the above .... outfits, banners, matching shirts, you name it!

KatBliss said...

99 days!!!! Yahoo. :)

Sisters with Style said...

How exciting!!! 99 days will be here before you know it. It makes me excited for you just thinking about it.

lisagh said...

I'll tell you from my perspective, the first 99 days went by super fast, so the last 99 have got to go by like lightening! Congrats to you! Yahoo!

Ashlee and Carey said...

WOW! That's not long at all! It will seem like it is going to take forever, but I am sure it will fly by!!! I can just picture you and the kids in matching outfits (you can each wear a letter and spell out DAD!!) holding a banner that the three of you lovingly made with the kids handprints and stuff all over and also holding little American flags waving them around!!!! It will be here before you know it!!!

Wendy said...

Yep! Go all out! Oh yeah, it is officially Tuesday here so 98 days now!

Anonymous said...

I live off Hwy 99!! That was so funny to see taht sign!

99 days Hooray!! God bless him every step on his way home and into your arms!

Monogram Queen said...

Um I think 99 links is a bit much, maybe 50? A banner definitely! Yay for 99!

Libby said...

Oh the joy of being down into double digits!! I'm with Tulip Mom, outfits, matching shirts, banners, maybe even a parade! I just had this image in my head of the post you wrote about keeping Mike's photo at the dinner table- I can't even imagine how special it will feel when he actually sits back down in that seat. :)

Meg said...

That's terrific!!!! 99 days, well now, that's nothing compared to what you've already logged. Hooray, hooray!