Tuesday, April 17, 2007

such a sad day....

I don't usually watch tv, especially since it is usually something bad about Iraq....but today the tv has been on contantly. I went to go get a pedicure and the news was even on there.

The past day has been so utterly unbelievable. I don't even know what to think. First a foremost, my heart goes out to all the friends and family of those murdered. You think when you have finally sent your babies away to school that they are finally grown up. Now so many families are planning funerals, grieving in a way that just makes my heart ache to think about it.

Even when I gripe, moan and complain about Mike being deployed, at least he is alive. He will be coming home later rather than sooner. Yes, he is missing another birthday for Livi, Thanksgiving, our 10 year anniversary, and Christmas. But he will be home in early 2008. These families will live through these same holidays, only it will be a reminder that their child isn't ever going to have another celebration with them.

My little kids are just in preschool. It scares me to think that they might one day attend a school with someone like this. What brings a person to the point that it is okay to do this? It just scares me.


no happy tuesday here.....just a tuesday.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Your´e so right. I saw the news, too. And my first thougt was. WHY? And i read some entrys on Xanga from persons who where there and they made me cry. Unbelievable.