Monday, February 12, 2007

Muffin Monday...peanut butter and jelly muffins


Pint-sized Peanut butter and jelly muffins...how can you not love these?? recipe at the end Livi took a late nap, so Will and I got to cook together. I totally don't remember one kid being so easy, but let me tell you ....Cooking with two toddlers is much more difficult. He did most of the measuring..though I do have to get the flour out of my new canisters. The opening is just barely big enough for the measuring cup. He even made the well in the dry ingredients before we added the wet stuff. I do have to say, I was very impressed. Which leads me to wonder why am I so impatient when the two of them are both helping.....I can only guess is that I don't want a big mess. But I guess a big mess can be cleaned up! My new word of the month is going to be RELAX!


Even though she slept through the prep work, she throughly enjoyed the muffins.....but only the ones that didn't have jelly peaking out of them. Some didn't get covered as well as the others.

Edited to add: said late napper above is STILL awake at 8:40 PM.....(those who aren't aware, the kids are in bed by 7:30-at the latest 8 MOST nights).....I thought I heard something....yes, paranoid wife-whose-husband-is-deployed....I get to be paranoid. I muted the DVR'd The Apprentice I am watching. But the only thing I hear is Livi ....talking to her bunny I presume...."Do I need to get your daddy?? You are being a naughty little booger!" Okay....first, I am not one to threaten with the dad thing....heck he is gone for a year, not much he can do in Iraq? Second, I know I have never called her a booger. Where does she get this?

okay, back to the regular blog....said paranoid wife-whose-husband-is-deployed.....paranoia over.


After we delivered the muffins, it was so nice that we played outside for a bit before dinner....of what else but peanut butter and jelly sandwiches....

happy Monday y'all!

recipe:

1 c. all purpose flour

1 t. baking powder

1/2 t. baking soda

1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar

1/2 c. vanilla low-fat yogurt

1 t. vegetable oil

2 T. creamy peanut butter

2 egg whites

cooking spray

2 T strawberry or grape jelly

Combine these four ingredients, make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine sugar and next 4 ingredients. Add to dry indredients; stir just until moistened. Spoon batter into 24 miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray, filling half full. Top each with 1/4 t. jelly, and top with remaining batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans immediately; let cool on wire rack.

Notes: I used the smallest scoop from Pampered Chef, and it was still a little too much for the first layer of batter. So don't fill the scoop all the way. Do not use a heaping 1/4t of jelly, or they leak.

Yields :24 muffins (serving size 2 muffins) calories 121

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol...children say the funniest things don't they? Love the muffins, they are packaged so beautifully! Hope she gets to sleep soon...Nel