Sunday, October 14, 2007

Happy Birthday baby girl

I flip on the laptop as the coffee is brewing first thing every morning. Husband sent Livi a movie of him singing Happy Birthday. She listened to it several times before she started talking to the screen...."I heard you the first time....Daddy!" I think she must think it is like the video teleconferences we have done.
Anyhow, I asked her what she wanted for breakfast since she was princess for the day. I fully expected her to say pancakes. But she surprised me. She wanted strawberries and bananas with yogurt. Normally she gets to pick just one fruit, so she really thought she was getting all kinds of special treatment since she could pick two. Whew hoo, easy breakfast!

We had the party mid morning....I love that time for a party. Order some cheap pizza, serve some cake...all done. I decided against doing a craft and went for the pinata. I found a princess one at Hobby Lobby. It was even one with the pull string ones...no wild kids swinging a stick around here! The kids lined up smallest to biggest.....sadly enough the second kid pulled the right string. Here is Livi examining her loot. ***Note the cute pink boots! She looked adorable in pink boots, with a little corduroy skirt, and a top with pink and green flowers. We had to stick with the color theme.***


I hope your birthday wish comes true, baby girl. Later that night while we were doing our bed time routine, she said, "Mommy, can I tell you my wish? " If you want to, baby girl. "I really want Daddy to come home." I know, baby girl, so do I. Only 66 more days. By now, I am really trying not to cry in front of her. Then she kind of groaned and said, "But Mommy, I only know how to count to 20!"

Like all great divas, there had to be an outfit change......just kidding. After the party, they were playing in the ice, and she got soaked.

All in all, it was a great party. Princess cupcakes, princess and crown cookies, great friends, what more can a three year old princess want? Except her daddy....hurry home, husband!

19 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

She. is. perfect! So adorable. Happy Birthday!!! I LOVE that your husband sang to her virtually. Very cool.

P.S. I have that same laptop.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

YAY for princess birthday parties!!! Happy Birthday!!!

lisagh said...

What a sweetheart... here's to all her wishes coming true.

tulipmom said...

I'm glad to hear the party was a success! Livi looks so cute.

Monogram Queen said...

Awww Happy Birthday darling Princess Livi! Daddy will hurry home as fast as he can!

Monica said...

Cute pictures...looks like a good birthday!

Sheila said...

She is ADORABLE! Happy late Birthday.

Libby said...

Oh my goodness, those pink boots are beyond adorable, as is Princess Livi!

My all her birthday wishes come true just as soon as soon can be.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday little angel girl!
May all her wishes come true, and when her Daddy comes home may he hold her for years and years to come without end!
How many more days now until he arrives?

nene P said...

How cute is that baby princess!!! She is so funny and witty. May all her wishes come true.
Wow! 66 more days, that is so exciting, I bet Christmas at your house will be fun, fun, fun. He should be hhomw just in time???
Enjoy those babies. Mine is laying on the couch, all 25 years of him. He needed momma for a while, and Daddy too!
Birthday hugs and lost of fairy dust to you Miss Livi!

Unknown said...

Oh hey there princess! Happy bday!

I have an idea, since she can only count to 20. Tell her that 60 is just like counting to 20 3 times. That doesnt seem as big of a number when you count it that way. And then, when she gets to 60, its a week away, and I know your kids are smart enough to count down a week. You guys will be ok, Dad will come home very soon and then you can give that girl a little sister ;0

Arlene said...

Awww, that hurts my heart :-( I'm sure it absolutely breaks yours though!!!!
I'm glad she had such a great birthday though, and I LOVE the boots!!!

Ashlee and Carey said...

It's crazy how Livi looks so much like you and Mike! It's the perfect blend of the two of you! She is just getting more and more beautiful! I will keep you in our prayers...the days will continue to fly bye...even if you don't think they are flying...just imagine the slowness the first month he was gone!

Anonymous said...

hey there, it looks like a fun time, i love the boots. do they come in purpur?

Little Town Big Life said...

What a lovely princess!!! She is the cutest thing I've seen in a long time!!!

I know you must have had a blast!!! It makes me nostalgic, cause my princess now has her own little prince---hold onto these moments as long and as hard as you can!!!

It really is like Kenny Chesney's song "Blink"

KatBliss said...

So happy to hear the princess party was a success! Love the pink boots, do they make them in a women's size 9? :)

tommie said...

No the boots don't come in purpur. I am sure she would want those instead.

katbliss-they are fron Target. This is the second pair we have had. She didn't even wear the size 7 ones...they are in a box for a cousin. Now that she has put them on, she doesn't want to take them off.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to you cutie Livi! Her pink boots are just adorable. :-)

k e r r y said...

too cute - happy birthday livi!