Monday, October 15, 2007

dinosaurs and muffin celebrations

On Sunday the last thing I wanted to do was to get out and do some fun activity. I really just wanted to veg in my pjs all day. BUT the kids next door told Will about some dinosaur exhibit here in town.....

Dang, my pj-lounging day was blown. Oh well....let's go have some fun.....it was kind of a cheesy little thing. The kids loved it though.
Livi was holding the little silver rail just a bit too tightly.....it knocked over a faux palm tree ....(Can you see where this is going??) which nearly knocked over a dinosaur. I saw it falling, so I kind if hit it to the right so it wouldn't hit it. Kind of freaked her out ...I finally got the palm tree upright, and we made a quick exit!



After naps we made made some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Livi needed them for her celebration at school. Here is the link: Pumpkin-Chocolate-Chip-Muffins Of all the things she could have taken, these are what she wanted. We first had these at a bake sale about two years ago. It is one of the many things I love about fall....all that cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin in the air.


During the celebration, the teacher reads a life story, Livi got to walk around the circle to show everyone her picture that described each year of her life. I took the first two pictures from her baby book...so last night at almost ten o'clock, I had to make two more pages. Good thing I use the 7x7 albums!! **Little note: she is always so goofy, trying to make people laugh...but during her walk around the circle, she was so serious!!


The preschool they go to is multi-aged, so Will is in her class. He was on the other side of the circle. I was trying to take a picture of him without him really realizing it. As soon as I picked up the camera, I get this.


No, really, let me take just one picture. Okay, maybe not. Once I put the camera down, he did our secret gesture.....a little thumbs up with a kiss. I was like, you goofy nut!


See that little scrunched up nose?? She not only looks like a mini me, but I do that scrunchy nose thing too when I am really laughing at something. Mike calls it a squirell grin.

Happy Tuesday y'all.

9 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

OH this was a hoot to read. I snorted about the dinosaur NEARLY falling!

Your kids are so adorable. And that hat? What a little fashionista already!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh we have a birthday hat like that here at Chez Cheeky - yes we do!

Libby said...

Livi's dress is so pretty! I can just imagine her sharing her life book in the most serious manner.

The dinosaur photo gives great perspective... I'm glad there's not a before and after shot!

Kellan said...

Happy Tuesday. Those are cute pictures and cute kids.

Unknown said...

I think that schrunched up nose is so cute!

The muffins sound delicious!

Monogram Queen said...

Too cute! I love the Squirrel Grin!

Janet said...

lol squirrel grin, so cute!

Jennifer said...

She looks so serious in that middle picture!

I need to check out the pumpkin muffin recipe. I'm seriously craving FALL. Curse you hot weather!!!!!

tommie said...

worksformom- that is a hat they wear during the celebration at school. It has velcro candles they add for each walk around the circle.

cheeky- how funny...do the big kids wear it?

libby-once we got the tree upright, we high tailed it out of there!!

kellan- thanks!

lisa- we make them often in the fall. I do use wheat flour and the mini chips since we make the mini muffins.

patti and janet- it sure is cute!

jenifer-that is how I feel, it is finally getting in the 80's here.