Thursday, August 19, 2010

with this sunset


with this sunset, originally uploaded by tommiea1.

in the morning, i am going back to work as a school teacher.

i am trying to maintain a calmness instead of the restlessness that i have struggled with all week. teacher friends have been the best....old ones from my old central (go cougars) to the new ones at pioneer park. without these fellow girlies, i would still be in my room getting things ready.

so with this life change, i am choosing to be calm...

and in the words (facebook status) of one of my OU roomies, a kindergarten teacher in norman:..yes, Mrs. Amy D'Agostino

"to all of my teacher (and principal) friends: I wish you a wonderful first day!

to all of my student friends: good luck and have fun!

to all my parent friends: tears and simultaneous applause is perfectly understandable!"

happy night before school y'all

4 comments:

lisagh said...

Good luck to you on your first day back! xo

Janet said...

I love this statement: "so with this life change, i am choosing to be calm..."

I tried that last sunday...and you know what? Despite meeting Dave's daughter, grandkids AND ex-wife, I was and remained very calm. :-)

brandt! said...

I am sooo proud of you!!!

Laski said...

You weren't kidding! Teaching! Wow. Now I want details . . . I do hope your first day back was wonderful!