So...here we go!
1. one of my strongest beliefs is *only you can control your actions and reactions to things.
there are many things in life we can't control - relationships, when someone we care about dies, other's people's actions . . . the list goes on forever.
the only we can control is our own behavior, our own actions & reactions. even truth is subjective & facts can mislead, it all depends on someone's perspective - look at eye-witness testimony, people don't see things the same way, the forget or get confused.
for me, it entails - treating others as i would want to be treated, being open-minded & tolerant, expecting the best from others, but understanding if & when they fail to live up to that, not asking someone to do something i wouldn't do, being worth of other's trust, not betraying others . . .
it's a high standard & i screw up occaisionally, but it's making the attempt to the best of my ability that's important.
like i said, you can't control anything, but yourself & if you fail that, what's left ----->stepping off my soap box now...dang, that was long winded
2. *made a* huge *decision this week*!
3. the sky is cloudy with a threat of rain and wind and cold, so *i know i will sleep well tonight, i love rainy nights*.
4. *the sound of rain coming down* is comforting to me.
5. i always thought I'd be *a fun mom, teacher, friend*
6. *i was talking on the phone with a friend* and then I went outside to look at the full moon.
7. and as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to *pizza with the kids*, tomorrow my plans include *going to OKC with BFF Traci and Sunday, I want to *make the most of the day*!
PS, i know the moon shot is a bit fuzzy...but i loved the full moon with a bit of fluffy clouds cruising by....it really did have this huge glowing ring around it.
happy weekend, y'all
Friday, October 22, 2010
So...here we go!