Monday, October 06, 2008

Manic and a muffin Monday

is hosted by Fleur de Lisa

What is one thing you admire about each of your parents? My mom is so laid back, she takes things in stride without letting much ruffle her feathers! I grew up with just my mom, so I can't say I admire anything about my dad.

Which parts of your home do you like best? This home: I love the dining room.

Which would you prefer and why? To have every stoplight turn green upon your arrival for the rest of your life or to have one week of the best sex any person ever had? I like Lisa's answer: "I don’t mind waiting at red lights."



Today we made carrot mini-loaves.



3/4 cup grated carrot

1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour

1 t. cinnamon

3/4 t. salt

1/2 t. baking soda

1/2 t. baking powder

1/4 t. ground ginger

1/4 t. ground cloves

2/3 c. sugar

1/4 c canola oil

1/4 c. vanilla fat-free yogurt

1 large egg

1 large egg white

Cooking spray



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. Shred carrot.

3.Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, level with a knife. Combine whole wheat flour and next 6 ingredients (through cloves) in a large bowl. Combine carrot, sugar, and the next 4 ingredients in a small bowl (through egg white). Stir. Add carrot mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.



4. Pour batter into an 8-inch loaf pan coated with a cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut bread into 12 slices.



**We made this into four mini loaves. It took the mini loaves about 35 minutes to cook. ...we did let it cool 10 minutes on the rack...but then devoured the rest! **



These would be absolutely wonderful as a mini muffin with a little cream cheese frosting cap....Note to self: get sis-in-law M's cream cheese frosting recipe!

These would also be great with a nut, either a walnut or pecans.

10 comments:

Brandt! said...

yummmmm!!! I made more of your pumpkin muffins .. I will have to try this one!

tommie said...

It really would be good with nuts...either walnuts or pecans. I am so making these again with a little cream cheese frosting. I might even try to pipe some into the center.

Janet said...

mmmm, those look GOOD!!!

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!! I made the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins yesterday - but used 1/2 soy flour and 1/2 rice flour. They are soooo good! I'll have to try this as well!

Hmmm stoplights take on new meaning.... no wonder there are so dang many in Denver.

megz_mum said...

These sound good too! I love cream cheese frosting, it would be beautiful on these cakes

Monogram Queen said...

Delicious sounding as usual.....
I love love love your blue/brown template! Gorgeous!

Desert Diva said...

It's difficult to grow up with just one parent. Your muffin loaves look delicious - as always!

Corey~living and loving said...

these look yummy! :)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Well I like your Mom's (lack of) tude!

And that recipe? TOTALY love it. Daaang your hubby must love your ourput (in the kitchen that is). :)

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

they look yum, Tommie......my mom's mostly high strung ....my dad's the chill-est person around... :)

is carrot shredding cumbersom??? coz I am tempted to try out the recipe.....