Thursday, November 01, 2007

Flowers and a Tag




I was tagged by Carrieb, so I thought this would be a good time to fill it in....



1. . My Love Language is Acts of Service. I've would love for it to be physical touch or even receiving gifts. But no, take out the trash and give the kids a bath...and I am good! So today when I got these.......

Oh wait that is the pic of the ftd.com flowers from their website.

The ones I received looked like this! Granted Mike ordered them from Iraq....maybe half fell out by the time they got here. All joking aside....I burst into tears when I opened the box. I am so NOT a flower person....but after the week I have had.......I knew my husband was showing me the only act of service he could. He can't be here physically, but he can bring a smile to my face even from the other side of the world.

PS....I was totally impressed with FTDs customer service. When i called to tell her the flowers were a poor interpretation of the picture on the website...she offered to 1. send out another bouquet or 2. refund my money ....I told her I didn't know how Husband paid for them (because you know I checked the only credit card statement that he has with him.) She said she had to email him about it....but she was really nice and didn't even want pics.

Okay, back to the tag....

2. One of the reasons my week has been horrid is Husband's granddad passed away yesterday. He has been very sick with cancer for a while. He is finally at peace.

3. Will is named after both of Mike's granddads. When we had Will, Mike got to name him and I named Livi....

4. We are at 50 days and they can't come fast enough.

5. This week I felt like I needed to just tie a knot in the rope and hang on.

6. I know I am hyper emotional because I am being a woman, but dang! This is getting old. I am way to old to be using BC pills. Any of you knocking on 40s door have any recommendations?

7....Yikes, that hurt to type 4-0....can it be that in 2008 I will really be the big 4-0....??? I certainly don't feel it.

You know how I feel about tags....steal it if you are post lacking anytime...

happy Thursday y'all

ETA: I joined the NaBloPoMo-- Short for National Blog Posting Month. .....so this totally counts as the first post for November!!!

14 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I SWEAR FTD always does that! What you see, isn't what you get. But the thought of Mike doing that?

PRICELESS. WOW! What a guy.

So sorry about Mike's grandfather, but happy about the big 5-0 countdown. Speaking of numbers, 40 is the new 30. Here's hoping to a better weekend Tommie!

Kellan said...

What a nice thing for your husband to send you those flowers - really!! And ... 50 days is a long time, but it could be 150 days - it will just fly by - here's hoping it does! See ya.

lisagh said...

Before my surgery which made birth control a non-issue, I used to get a shot 4 times a year (had to go in to the gynie for it) and that was all I needed for birth control. That was 11 years ago though and I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. Check into it though... it was super easy and I don't remember any adverse side effects.

nene P said...

What a wonderful thought. My hubs is a service and I am gifts! I still call myself 49+1, you could be 39+1.
Have a good weekend!

Ashlee and Carey said...

Carey sent me flowers from FTD and they looked the same way!!!! It's like they honestly travel from where the husband is and not from the closest to you!! The kids looked awesome!!!!

Janet said...

I'm sorry to hear about Mike's grandfather...glad he's at peace now, tho.

LOL 40 was nothing...50...now 50, while the actual day was fun...the thought of being 50...that's tough!

CarrieB said...

I hope your weekend is much easier on you! What a lovely thought by your husband. And I am so glad you had FTD make it right!

I'm 38 and just went off the pill due to aura migraines and their link to increased stroke risk on the BCP. I don't need it for contraception, but I was trying to even out my hormones. I'll be starting on some 5HTP and GABA, with a heavy Vitamin B chaser soon.

CarrieB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Libby said...

I'm very sorry to hear about Mike's grandfather. Peace be with all of you.

Monogram Queen said...

So sweet about the flowers and thumbs up for (rare) good customer service!
So sorry to hear about Mike's granddad :(
Time is winding d
o
w
n

Unknown said...

50 days!???!?!!?

How are you able to contain your excitement, girl?!!?!?!?!?

KatBliss said...

So sorry to hear about Mike's grandfather. :( But I'm sure the flowers brightened your day just abit... even though they are lookin' a little on the sorry side.

I'm having the same contraception problem... wish my husband would just go get the ole' snip snip. :)

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about Mike's grandfather. That has to be doubly tough.

He's a sweetie for sending those flowers, even if they didn't come "as advertised" the first time around.

I does hurt to type 4-0. It sounds funny, doesn't it?

smilnsigh said...

Now I see more of why you were so down, in the comment in Corey's blog. Sorry about the death in the family, but I'm glad you said that he is finally at peace.

And how sweet of your husband to send flowers. I'm not a flower person either but it's the message of what he wanted to convey, that counts.

Many hugs,
Mari-Nanci