Sunday, November 11, 2007

Gobble gobble


Gobble gobble, originally uploaded by tommiea1.

I saw a quote in the paper this morning that summed up Veteran's Day for me: "Thank a service member for giving up the comfort of friends and family to fight for freedom. Thank those veterans who came before us." -Brigadier General Christopher Tucker.

Before Husband left thirteen months and three days ago, I never thought of all that these soldiers give up for a year to fifteen months. Even the comfort of sleeping in a bed without springs poking up in your back. As hard as this year has been, I know Husband is doing what he joined the military for...he has always wanted to be a soldier and is great at his job! So, thanks Husband....but hurry home now!!

On a much lighter note, this little turkey came home with me yesterday. I got it from the same vender as the rooster I got a while back. There is a craft bazaar here that kind of kicks off the holiday season.

I was able to find the ornaments that we exchange with Mike's sisters as well. Whew hoo!! Another thing I can check off my list.

Happy Sunday!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'll add my prayer to yours, "Hurry back home safely."

Cute rooster!

Kate said...

Love your Turkey! J says she got a flying pig! Sounds like it was a fun time. Have a great day! Kate

Janet said...

Happy Sunday :-)

And thank your husband for me, k?

Libby said...

Thank you Tommie, for being the backbone of your family which has given up so much for the sake of our country. Thank you Mike, Will and Livi, too.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

That quote is so true. I am so grateful for your and his sacrifices. I know you know that. That turkey is AWESOME.

Unknown said...

Thank you to your husband and to all of the men and women serving our country!

And I second your "Hurry home soon!"

Kelly said...

"Hurry Home Soon!"

Love the turkey - he's make a great "white elephant" gift.

Monogram Queen said...

I need to work on some more Thanksgiving decorations. Mine are kind of skimpy this year.