Sunday, November 18, 2007

Starting to see the light at the end of this tunnel of deployment


just peeking through, originally uploaded by tommiea1.

I got the email I have been waiting fourteen months for......the email that gives me an end date to this deployment! WHEW HOO!!!!

Husband should be home (give or take a couple of days) by the 19th of December! I can't even begin to describe how exciting it feels. I have a million things I need to do before then.

Should I wash all of his clothes? They have just been sitting there for the past year. He will most likely need new ones...when he came home on R&R in March, he had lost quite a bit of weight. So maybe I shouldn't wash them?? See, lots of things to wonder about!

The kids and I made paper chains to count down the remaining 31 days. Each day we will cut off a chain. I will write a post about it later.

because.....
I better cut this short, the kids are being way too quiet!

Happy Sunday

16 comments:

KellytheCulinarian said...

Oh my goodness, what an exciting day! He may even be home for Christmas!

Janet said...

oh, how exciting! I didn't realize he'd be home for the holidays!!! Woohoo!

Hope the kids weren't up to anything too bad ;-)

Desert Diva said...

What a wonderful Christmas gift!

tulipmom said...

And jut in time for Christmas! I'm so excited for all of you! What an incredible Christmas you have to look forward to.

And yes, I start to get worried too when things have been quiet for too long.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Tommie, my heart just burst into happiness when I read this post. Is this official? Is this really official? Let's put up a countdown on our blogs? I'd put one up as well. I'm SO FREAKING HAPPY FOR YOU ALL.

YES, wash his clothes. :)

nene P said...

I am soooooooo excited for you and the kids! Wow, that time will just fly by. Christmas is going to be so much fun for all of you.
Have a blessed week!

Kids are always up to something when they are quiet... once my boys were into my makeup... oh my gosh, what a mess that was!

Unknown said...

I say wash the clothes, you just never know! ;-) Now the excitement begins!! I'm so happy for you as you count down these final days.

Libby said...

Best. News. Ever. Oh, joyful day!

I'm so happy for you guys, the kids must be thrilled! Speaking of the kids, what were they up to?

Monogram Queen said...

I am so happy for you all! The hubs being home for Christmas is the best present you could ask for.

Me said...

Big smiles to you... my brother just got home from 22 months over in Iraq. I know the joy your Christmas will bring this year!

SuburbanMom said...

Yippee!!! I'm so excited for you. I can't even imagine how that must feel. I would just wash some of the clothes, but not all of them. What a beautiful photo too. (oh and I did a quick update to my blog :)

David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the - Web Reconnaissance for 11/19/2007 A short recon of what’s out there that might draw your attention, updated throughout the day...so check back often.

Kellan said...

Tommie - that is just great! I can't even imagine how anxious you must be and how excited. Take care and see you soon. Kellan

Anonymous said...

Wonderful new, hand to heart glorious !

Anonymous said...

Wonderful new, hand to heart glorious !

Heather said...

Great news! I'm so excited for you all!