Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Livi's "sewing"....I should hire her out

It has been chilly today....in the mid-50's. Kind of wacky since yesterday it was in the 80s. Welcome to Texas!

Between the time change and the cold weather, Livi is worn out. She has a croupy cough. I put one of those Sudafed plug ins in her room along with a humidifier. First off, her room smells like a menthol factory....but she is breathing without the barking cough. Second the humidifier I bought sounded like a jet landing on an air craft carrier. It was so loud. I am really surprised she slept at all last night. Surprisingly she stayed asleep all night! I couldn't even keep the baby monitor on because it was so loud!!

So......between the cough and the chilly weather, we had to break out some indoor activities to occupy them this afternoon. Livi choose 'sewing'. I really should hire her out to Gap or who was it just accused of hiring child labor?? LOL I kid!!

I really liked the big pic of her here. She was so intense and quiet while she worked. The key word here being quiet. She has always been quite the talker. Many many times, I have to just tune her out because the child even talks in her sleep. Maybe we should sew every day!

The other thing these pictures made me think about was how long her hair has gotten. When Mike left thirteen months ago, she was still wearing a bow band. For those of you NOT in the south, it is basically a headband that goes all the way around her head with a little loop on the top. A bow clips onto that loop...and wallaaa, a bow headed baby for a baby with no hair. So even at the age of two, she barely had any hair! It is still growing in along the hairline in the front, but I can gather enough in a tiny piggy to clip her bows onto now.

Happy Tuesday y'all....

8 comments:

Unknown said...

For Christmas, you should get her some jewelry making kits. Simple ones with big beads, but she seems well coordinated.

tulipmom said...

Beautiful pictures! Looks like the perfect indoor activity (not to mention, no mess!). There are so many fun art kits in the stores now, especially for girls. I often buy them for birthday presents.

I hope she feels better soon. SB is getting sick too. I think we're in for another rough night tonight.

Unknown said...

She looks so cute and so intent upon her task. Don't you love those activities that occupy them so much?

Desert Diva said...

Livi is so adorable - those eyelashes!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

oh my, can she GET any cuter and any craftier? I think not!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Very cute indeed. I really wish I could actually sew. I do the crafty stuff but I want to learn to sew cool stuff and then one day - quilt! But I think that will happen later - I will need a whole studio instead of just a craft room (that is filled with stamping and scrappin stuff right now). It will be my treat to myself when the kids move out - I will commandere one of their rooms LOL

Monogram Queen said...

Awwwww so sweet! She sews better than I do (seriously). Mine is getting quite a headful of hair too. Love them bows!

Janet said...

wow, look at those eyelashes!!!