Friday, February 06, 2009

Photohunt: bridge




Totally shamelessly reusing a pic AND post I have already done. But when I saw the theme was bridge....this is the shot and thoughts I thought of.....

This past summer we had a hectic transition from TX to KY. This picture was taken during the month long stint of living with my mom. There is this awesome park in the big town next to my podunk America town. Totally worth the drive into town for a little fun. This park had towers, bridges, swings, things to climb on, ramps to run down, and just about every fun thing a kid could have fun. Will would try to walk down this rope bridge every single time we went. Will is more cautious than Livi. But finally by the end of our month in OK, he mastered this bridge. He would practically run down the little ropes.

Just like this rope bridge, we have been in KY for almost three months now. He is excelling at preschool. He is starting to read. He is excited about learning addition. He is making friends. He loves the days when he they don't have time to finish some work. Then he gets to finish "homework". Seeing him master these basic skills is so exciting!

He is mastering just one more rope bridge in his little life. That is what makes me excited!

8 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

reused or not....great choice for the theme. :)
have a great weekend!

IamDerby said...

My boy is way more cautious than my girl as well. He is always planning out a way to get down or a way to go up at the play ground. I am pretty sure its my fault. My husband stayed home with my dd when she was little and by 18 mos she had mastered the playground. (I am so glad I did not know what was going on!) I stayed home with my son, and while we went to the park he was not cruising the play structure alone at 18 mos!

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Good stuff, have a great weekend!

Brenda Heisler said...

Looks like he was having fun and that's what it's all about!

Glad he's excited about learning. That's so important.

BTW - Your blog is really pretty.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's a great photo! Used or not, I think it's a wonderful photo... And besides that, I haven't seen this one before :) Nice!

Janet said...

He's growing up!

Anonymous said...

Will Action - master of rope bridges, lover of pajamas, and exceptional giggler. He needs his own comic book!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

:) there you go again...arousing my maternal instincts :DDDDD

sweet post.....Tommie :)