Tuesday, February 10, 2009

tuesday with tommie



WHAT I’M READING: Reading the latest Real Simple magazine.

WHAT I’M WATCHING: whatever is on the DVR....I am almost scared to admit this: Rock of Love with Bret Michaels. Just the sheer pure joy of listening to Bret say "smokin' hot" about those girls is entertaining!

WHAT I’M LISTENING TO: The wind howling and the rain coming down...

WHAT I’M WEARING: Jammies...one kid is asleep and one is going to be soon.

WHAT I’M EATING: We had this DELICIOUS butternut squash soup with grilled cheese tonight. It was the perfect rainy day weather meal. You roast the butternut squash with ginger and onions....very good!


WHAT I’M ENJOYING: This weekend it was almost 70 degrees. We took Husband's convertible out and put the top down. It was a fun little drive....but sad because so many trees were down, snapped in half from the ice storm.

WHAT I’M SNIFFING: One of those plug in wall flower thingys from Bath and Body Works. I had it in the linen closet and it must have tipped over....when you open the door, it smells like some one's grandma who used way too much perfume! You know the one, she spritzes it like five times and then wants to hug you. Then YOU stink all day like grandma perfume.
PS, I am kind of liking the tuesdays with tommie thing....though I seriously doubt I can even begin to take a picture of myself every week. Last week I just happen to get a haircut and used the camera on my laptop. I DO NOT like to be in front of the camera. I am much more comfortable with a mongo camera and lens in front of me!

11 comments:

Janet said...

I like Tuesdays with Tommie, too :-) That's a cool shot, I love side view mirror pics!

Desert Diva said...

I'm liking "Tuesdays with Tommie," it's fun to get a photo of you on a weekly basis!

Corey~living and loving said...

I enjoy reading these posts as well. great idea. :)

Monogram Queen said...

I could use a nice howling wind and/or thunder & lightening rainstorm ... we never get those. Just boring drizzle.

k e r r y said...

that is a great shot - some lens you have there!!

tommie said...

That lens is almost 10 years old! Back when we lived in Alaska I had just a regular 35 mm camera. This Tamron lens ( a 28-300mm lens) is what we bought to photograph all the wildlife there. We would go see all kinds of whales and wildlife...but on a regular little point and shoot or even a 35 mm, they would be a mere dot!



So, when we finally switched to a DSLR, I was so excited to use that lens again!



While it is heavy and cumbersome, I rarely switch it out since I love it so much.

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

I love this shot of you! So creative and it has a sexy feel to it. Mongo camera, in a convertible, with a hot haircut!!

I love reading about you every Tuesday and I hoe you can keep it up.

Anonymous said...

I really like this feature! I'm glad you're doing it. It's a great check in to see how you're doing and what you're up too!

Thanks for sharing!

I bet that convertible is fun! :)

gina said...

like the self portrait- creative! The top down... I'm envious! Although it is pretty gorgeous here today!! :) It's just my minivan roof doesn't go back.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Thank GAWD I'm not the ONLY person watching the Rock of Skank Bus! :)

That convertible? Jealous!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

you look "smokin; hot" there, Tommie :DD .....do keep 'em coming every Tuesday!