Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Thursday 13.....#39....the letter S

In keeping with the ABC theme for 2008....the letter S:

  1. Scott Kelby book: attempting to work my way through this.
  2. Surfside City: the Beach house we are taking the kids to in a couple of weeks.
  3. Shot at Love with Tila Tequila: <----guiltily raising my hand and admitting I watch it
  4. SLR- well, digital SLR....favorite birthday gift last year
  5. Shrimp and Grits: one of my all time favorite meals ever.
  6. Sooner born and Sooner bred, when I die, I'll be Sooner dead, Go Oklahoma, OKU
  7. Survived a 15 month deployment (but lost my sanity on a few of those days)
  8. Swiss Army watch was a gift from Husband when we got married.
  9. Summer: this summer (Which starts May 23 for us) will be hectic with a vacation, a move, living with my mom for three weeks, going to see the in-laws, buying a house, unpacking a house, painting a house, and finding a preschool....all before the end of July!
  10. Simplify: I am really trying to simplify my life.
  11. Second: My second grade teacher, Mrs. Odom, was one of my favorite teachers.
  12. Six: I graduated with six of my cousins. There were only 46 in the entire class!
  13. Senior: Finally Laski Gal from From the Cheap Seats asked to see our Senior Prom pics since it is prom season.......ask and you shall receive:
Just a few little thoughts about this picture. Oh me, oh my.....why would any one leave the house with white hose?? Not only white hose, but those white dyeable shoes? It was 1986.....but dang, didn't I have friends? Friends don't let friends wear white hose.

Next, why does it look like I am seven months pregnant? I promise I wasn't. I probably weighed all of a buck ten. One of my cousins was pregnant at our senior prom though!

I was the shortest girl in my class. I am barely 5'3". My date was the tallest guy in our class....at 6'4". ..... wouldn't you think that little streamer background would be taller??

Look at my mullet-sporting jock? Oh, young love... In fact my eyes are shut in my senior prom pic...I must have been dreaming about my man!

Finally, can you see the mongo ring on my forefinger. I spent hours dying waxed dental floss pink to wrap around the bottom since it would match my flowers! Yeah, lots of time spent color coordinating my flowers to the floss!


Just for grins and giggles...here is a prom I went to my junior year. I was going out with a senior, so I got to go to his prom. I think he was the shortest guy in his class. I think I wore ballet flats so I wouldn't be taller than him. That dress had to be taken apart at the waist to be hemmed. I think it is still hanging at a closet at my mom's house!

I dare you, no I double dog dare you to post your senior prom pics!

28 comments:

Janet said...

I didn't go to any proms...sorry!

Wow, I can't get over how much you look like Livi in these pictures!

tommie said...

I have said many many times, she is a Mini me......Will has my cheeks and personality..but she looks identical to me as a child. But he has light blue eyes and looks like Husband.

The Pink Owl said...

I *sheepishly* admit I watch Tila Tequila too....shhhh!

I took great advantage of that 40% Vera sale ;) I just got a Capri Melon handbag, vera, wristlet and wallet in the mail today.

I got all the travel pieces in Windsor Navy when they first went on sale...

I have now put myself on restriction! ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

I love the photos! How fun. I didn't go to high school dances. I hung out with 8 guys - they went, I stayed home. Go figure.

You know, I never talk to short people in real life. Like a lot of tall people, I think they are "suspicious" and "up to something". Ask your hubby, he probably does too! ;)

Great TT - I'm glad you're a TT theme rebel like me!:)

Cynthia said...

Good Lord, I don't know if I can find my pics! It would be scary:O

Anonymous said...

You look great in those pics never mind the white hose you're still gorgeous.

lisagh said...

Love the pics! Thanks for sharing :)

Laski said...

Oh boy, I am laughing so hard I am choking on my grapes.

"but dang, didn't I have friends? Friends don't let friends wear white hose." Oh, I hear ya!!! Man, what a dress!!! DRESSES!!!

Love it!!!

Oh, and I am so with you on #10--each day I make a whole new commitment. Man, is simplifying getting complicated . . .

Juliana RW said...

great post. I also LOVE scott kelby. I just bought his new book about cs3 and i am getting learn more about cs3 :D

Will you visit mine Thanks

Dea Felis said...

Hehe - I think you look nice, even in white hose. ;) I won't post my prom pic - it wouldn't be any fun, since we both look pretty respectable. I actually still wear that dress sometimes, that's how still-in-fashion it was/is. ;)

I wanted to ask you where you got the idea for the Thursday 13, but I forgot in the emails earlier. I like the Friday Fill-ins, so I added that to my blog, too (when I will remember to do them, that is).

Slender Octopus said...

This is fantastic...and I LOVE the prom pics....luckily in Australia we dont have them!! We had a less than glamorous "Leavers Dinner" (you see what I mean..even the name is alot less glamorous than Prom)

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness I didn't have a prom. We have formals in Australia and they weren't around as much when I left school. yay! lol... Lovely pictures

Monogram Queen said...

I (honest) don't have any idea where my prom pics or yearbook or any of that stuff are. I would post them if I did. Really! I LOVE looking at old pics. You can always find something to giggle at!

k e r r y said...

If my scanner was working I would share mine... equally as funny and from 1986,87 and 88 so same styling fashion statements going on there too!

Libby said...

Tommie, you are smokin'! I know mine are around someplace, I'll keep an eye out for them as I'm packing up. If I find them, I'll share. :)

She Became a Butterfly said...

6 cousins? wow!!

she
http://www.shebecameabutterfly.net

Momisodes said...

MY prom pic? No way. Nuh uh. Nevah!

I bow down to your braveness and color coordination.

Sincerely,

A Tila Tequilla addict who raises her hand with you ;)

just jamie said...

I LOVE this challenge from Laskigal. Super cute pics, and I love your comments about them the best.

Don Mills Diva said...

I already posted mine and guess what? I wore white hose too! (with black pumps!)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Now THAT is hilarious. I forgot all about those hideous dyable pumps until this post!

Anonymous said...

Surf City sounds like fun.
http://aliceaudrey.wordpress.com/2008/05/07/thursday-thirteen-26gross-things/
Mine is here:

gina said...

I find it pretty darn funny to read #10 RIGHT AFTER #9. :) Good luck with those. :)

and Wahhhh! I can't see the prom pic!!!!!???!!! I just might take you up on your dare though...

KatBliss said...

hahahaha!!!! These are way too great not to share! Thanks for making my day. I'm going to put my pics up on my blog, too! Come by and check them out.

gina said...

ok- I CAN see them on your Flikr at least. :)

I don't even think I have my "official" ones anymore but I know I have snapshots- this is too much fun! And ya, what was that crepe paper thingy?! lol. :)

IamDerby said...

What fabulous pics!! I love it! Especially the big pale blue dress. Exactly what I would have deemed exceeding gorgeous back in the day. I was just looking at my prom pics... I may have to scan them.

Laski said...

Ugh, forgot to tell you . . . "Shrimp and Grits: one of my all time favorite meals ever." YUM! I had this at Seven on Heaven in Chicago. THE BEST EVAH!!!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

haha!!!!! you look sweet, white hose or not!!!!! :DDD

Melanie said...

Oh goodness..no..I think I will pass! :) I had the dyed shoes as well..yep..and I remember wearing white hose..a lot..yep

You look sweet though!!