Saturday, January 27, 2007

just another Saturday

The kids and I had a super lazy Saturday. I think I have a sinus infection or something. I am taking Sinus meds that last 4-6 hours....at the 3 1/2 hour mark, I can tell it is wearing off. UGH.....so what are some things the kids can do that will occupy them for some time....PLAYDOH!
As Livi was starting to come to the table, she starts stripping off her dress. She said, " I don't want to get my pretty pretty dress dirty." Of course she had to have the "purpur" playdoh. She is kind of learning how to say purple, but for the most part it is still "purpur".
Want to make a wife of a deployed soldier happy.....send letters! These were in my mailbox yesterday. Mike is so good about sending letters. I love to read them when I am feeling like I don't know what I am doing. I always have known that Mike does alot around here, but with 104 days of deployment, I now realize how much he does. So husband, thanks for the letters!!!



On Fridays we order pizza with our neighbors. Her husband is deployed as well. She has two boys. The younger one asked if he could come over and make reindeer cookies on Saturday. We made these for Will's preschool at Christmas time. So after Livi's nap, Zack came over to make cookies. While here he asked, "Do you have the stuff to make "mexican surprise"....these were some muffins we made a while back....They are simply cornbread muffins with a little piece of hotdog in them! They have a dipping sauce with them made from taco seasoning, sour cream and mayo. The neighborhood kids loved them when we made them for muffin Monday. So we made them.

So, now the kids are in bed, I am relaxing and waiting for my sinus meds to take effect!


1 comment:

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

I will pray for your husband, for his safe return. Thank you for bringing me to your blog !