Friday, January 18, 2008

Scrolling Saturday.....can you believe it ....already time for another

From the great such simple pleasures I bring you scrolling saturday .....this is a golden oldie from way back in March 2007.


****this is when Husband came home for R&R.....in Mar2007....he had been gone since Oct 8, 2006****

The Husband is finally home!


Does this look like the child of who is sleeping soundly ??? Yeah, didn't think so. Will fell asleep on the floor yesterday afternoon during his quiet time. So at 8:00 when I was leaving to go get Mike, I decided on a whim to take Will. I told him I was "running a night time" errand. He seemed okay with that. When we got to the airport, I was taking pics of him. He loves to take pictures now, so he asked to take a picture of a soldier...there were plenty arriving at the same


time. I told him he could only take a picture of a soldier he knew.....one would come down the little area and he would say, " I don't know that soldier.." Finally he saw Mike, I said, "Do you know that soldier??" He didn't recognize him at first, but jumped in his arms as soon as he did. He didn't quit smiling the entire time! I was surprised he even got to sleep last night! This morning Livi was hollering from her crib, "I'm awake!" Mike went in and said, "Can your daddy get you up?" She jumped into his arms and didn't let go for about 15 minutes. She even left her bunny in her crib...something that NEVER happens!



Only have a few minutes, so the WBW is in this post as well.....Way Back Wednesday: Stripper Style...
Not so sure I am up to par for stripper style, but how about some nakey babies....
My kids never seem to have clothes on....ever! This pic was taken when we lived in Leavenworth, see that lovely-Army-housing issue linoleum?? I hurt my back when Livi was little enough to still fit in the sink, so wallaaahh no more bending over some dinky little tub!


did you play? Let The Kept Woman know: the Kept Woman

14 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

thanks for stopping by my blog, that was really sweet what you said.

i am going to have to poke around here a little bit. i am all about a good meme and it looks like you are way linked in!!

stop by anytime!

Anonymous said...

i can't even imagine how hard it would be for my hubby (and my boys' father) to be gone that long...how did you cope???

what an amazing post. i got goosebumps thinking about how my sons would react in the same situation. so heartwarming!

Forgetfulone said...

I loved the picture of your husband and son. That was really touching and so sweet.

tulipmom said...

That is the sweetest picture of Will and Mike.

The photo of Will in the onesie and diaper reminds me of SB at that age. He never had pants on! I wonder if that's just a boy thing ....

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I loved that! What a strong woman you are to be the wife of a soldier, and what pride I have for your husband and all those that serve our country. Thank you to him for all he is, does, has done and continues to do.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary Alice said...

Oh, the one with his Daddy....melts your heart like butter. Sooooo sweet. I told my kids I was going to pick up ice cream once and brought their Daddy home instead. He had been deployed for three months. They were so surprised. First shock and then screaming like you have never heard!

Jenni said...

What a sweet post. My husband separated from service before we had kids. It was hard enough when it was just us. I can't imagine doing the parenting thing on my own. You are awesome.

Unknown said...

I love the night-time errand! So cute. :-)

I remember the military housing floors well. Ugh!

suchsimplepleasures said...

what an adorable kid!!!! my youngest...he never has clothes on, either...so, it's hard to find appropriate pictures to post or send to family!!
loved the post!

Unknown said...

Wow, this is neat. Is your husband still back in Iraq or is he home for good now?
I came over here from the Scrolling Saturday site. It's fun, isn't it? I remember giving the kids baths in the sink so well. My youngest is nine now and I miss those days!

Kat said...

Awe. That was so sweet. A great post for Scrolling Saturdays.

Lotus (Sarcastic Mom) said...

Aw - we know what it's like for Daddy to be gone, but he's never gone for that long!

Love the "stripper" pic. He's flashing the same digit that Braden likes to show off! ;-)

Monogram Queen said...

too cute! too cute! too cute!