Monday, December 17, 2007

final countdown ....part 2 of 3


Faux turtles, originally uploaded by tommiea1.

I have stocked the fridge with his favorites: beer, brats, steaks, snacks, any of his favorites. He has his birthday presents on his nightstand. I have charged his toothbrush and fitted it with a new head. Stocked his razors, shaving cream, face cleaning soap, shampoo.....all those things that make us civilized.


My body has been colored (my roots), waxed, plucked, mani'd and pedi'd.....outfits are picked out. Since he has lost so much weight, I have bought him new jeans and BVDs.

But no matter what, if things don't pan out like I have planned in my little head, (I have dreamed of how this day will go for weeks), I will be understanding. I know that we can get through one more thing the military lifestyle has thrown our way.

I know he will be tired. When he was home on R&R he slept for almost three days. The kids are in bed asleep by 7:30....he was right there with them. If anything it will give me a chance to blog! ha

The kids have changed so much ....when he left they were 2 and 3....now at 3 and 4 "and a half" <---far be it I forget the half. ....Both are potty-trained and in preschool half days, every day. Both have grown almost 4 inches. Livi was wearing 18month clothes when he left. Though she is still tiny compared to her peers, she will be the first to tell you she is a big girl.


We have thrown muffins under the bus this month....Instead we are focusing on sweet treats. These 'faux turtles' are so easy. Pretzels, rolos, (heat until soft), smooch pecan on it. (Did you say pea-can?)
Very easy to make for a crowd!

Happy Monday!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe it's time! I know how excited you are. It's hard not to plan it all out in your mind, isn't it? :) The great thing is, he'll be home!

linda said...

My daughter and I are so excited for you and your family(we read your blog together)!!!God bless your family and Merry Christmas!!!

Desert Diva said...

I live about 1/2 hour from El Paso, TX and a lot of troops have been coming home (it's been on the news). However, they always get home about 2:00 a.m. Is your hubby coming in the "middle of the night" too?

tommie said...

The countdown clock is pretty accurate...He is scheduled to be home in the afternoon. I am so thankful it is not those early morning hours.

His layover is Bangor Maine.....we may or may not get to talk to him then. So the next time we see him will be on the parade field!!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I'm so dang excited that MY stomach is in knots. I think you have received the best Christmas present EVER. I know you know how happy I am for all of you.

But let me repeat it once more - I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU friend. Savor that moment.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

and please please give your blog audience 1 little heartwrenching welcome home picture. :)

Kellan said...

Does your husband have any clue how many of your bloggy friends are awaiting this homecoming? I just can't wait to hear all the details from the homecoming day!! Have a good evening - see you later. Kellan

Anonymous said...

Yay...he's almost here!

btw...those photos are awesome! I love macro.

A Slice of Life

Kelsgarden said...

bless you and your family and thank you for sharing the hope and joy with us all -

Scoobers said...

everything sounds perfect and i hope things go that way. so happy for all of you that he is finally coming home.

pea-can.

'waiter. there is too much pepper on my paprikash. but i would be proud to partake of your pea-caaan piiiiie.'

Little Town Big Life said...

I just read the past two of your posts, and the tears just ran--I can't imagine how life has been without him, and I can't come close to imagining how your heart is skipping beats and sleep is alluding you as this time approaches.

My prayers are with you until you feel those big arms safe around you & the kids. My prayer is that the time will pass quickly, and that all of his connections will flow smoothly.

You have done such an incredible job of holding down the fort & graciously, while he has been gone. I know he'll see the strong, devoted wife & mother that you are.

Hang on Tommie---that moment is coming!

PS Don't forget the camera!!!!

Love & Hugs to all of you.

k e r r y said...

ooohh!! those look good! And easy - a great combination!

I can not wait to hear how the big days goes!

Monogram Queen said...

It is good that you are cognizant that he might be tired and it may not be "picture perfect" but it will be fine!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I love those turtle things - we make them every year.

I think you have a good attitude - just go with the flow ...let him rest...then wear him out again (hehe)

Wendy said...

You take care of your man so well. I'm taking notes...you know what I'm talking about.

I'm going to make those turtles! So cute! Can't wait for tomorrow for you and Friday for me!

KK said...

How exciting it's almost here!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Me again, anxiously awaiting an update!

tommie said...

I talked to him yesterday morning (Mon)...he was doing some outprocessing in Kuwait. I am not when they were leaving. But from there they go to Bangor Maine to refuel. If they can get off the plane, he said he would try to call.



I have been out buying car chalk to decorate the windows. There are no freaking yellow ribbons or bows left in this town. But my neighbor did find bunting and we are going to share it. I went by the German deli to pick up stuff for ruebens....his favorite comfort food.


He is still sceduled to be in TX tomorrow (Wed) at 2:45.

tulipmom said...

Just checking in for an update.

Your husband is one lucky man!

Anonymous said...

Loving and thoughtful, thinking to change his toothbrush and understanding his needs. Knowing he too is full of "what if" and "how will it be" and expectations"
He will notice, he will notice your tender love and bath in it.
He is coming home, letting down his guard, feeling the gift of peace and not the fear of death. His heart has a safe place with you.
How exciting to be part of this moment. Thank you Tommie for sharing your journey with us!