Tuesday, December 04, 2007

10,000 ....and the winner is......




A little history of Tuesday Update:
When Will was born four and a half years ago, we were living in Oklahoma.....only about five minutes from my mom. But the rest of our friends and family were stretched from Alaska to Ohio.


Will was born on a Tuesday. I took a picture of him doing something or reaching a milestone every week. I kept a scrapbook called "Tuesdays with Will". I would email the journaling and the photo to our friends and family every week. In the subject line I had "Tuesday Update".


I started this blog in February 2005.....but promptly quit after two posts. I had a four month old and a nineteen month old. ....It was too much.


In the mean time, we moved to Texas. After only being here four months, Husband left on a fifteen month deployment. Yahoo also removed the feature of being able to insert photos into an email. So I decided to give blogging a try again.


Little did I know that I would find the fellow bloggers that I have. I have fourteen days left in this deployment....I know once he returns I will continue this. I enjoy the creative outlet it gives me! I never dreamed anyone besides my family would give a hoot about what I write or what pictures I take!


So, rat a tat tat.......drumroll please: and the winner is Wendy at Snips and Snails. So Wendy, send me your address and I'll send you a little piece of Texas!

16 comments:

Kellan said...

I liked hearing that history of how you came to blogging. I have enjoyed getting to know you and have often caught myself thinking of your "count-down" - almost as if I am counting down myself, until your husband gets home. I hope you are around, even once he gets home - you would be greatly missed. See you soon, Kellan

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I have often wondered what the inspiration was for your blog name. That explains THAT! Love it.

You know what, you are sincerely 1of top 5 blog BFFs. :) I was just thinking last night how I'd miss your updates once hubby comes back (which I totally and completely understand) - just never give it up completely, ok? I'd miss you, your photos and your recipes way too much!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

and yes I just saw that dang BFF Jill commercial.

Unknown said...

AHA! That explains it. I always thought that maybe you started updating on Tuesdays but got excited and updated every day. LULZ!

KatBliss said...

10k visitors! Wow that is amazing. Even more amazing is the fact that your husband will be home so soon. I can't wait. :)

Wendy said...

Yeah! I'm so excited! I never win anything.

Only 14 days left! I got chills for you when I read that. You must be out of your mind with excitement! What a great Christmas present!

Sending my address your way!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Congrats to Wendy! (here is a little tidbit - I met her in person this year - yes I did!).

I am so glad you are going to continue on after deployment - I do so enjoy reading your posts (even though you are making me test my will power with those recipes ..hehe).

So....we will give you a few free days to spend with hubs when he comes home - won't even bug you for an update....but just a few days mmmmkay???

Desert Diva said...

Wow, what a great story about your "history of blogging." I can't imagine your excitement welcoming your husband home after such a lengthy deployment. I'm glad I found you in "cyberspace."

Cynthia said...

I agree, blogging is a great creative outlet...Good to hear your husband will be coming home soon!

Libby said...

Congratulations to you Tommie for reaching that whopping number of readers! And congratulations to Wendy for being lucky # 10k!

I'm glad you're going to keep right on blogging, I would miss you something awful if you gave it up. :)

Janet said...

I love the story of your blog name!!! And I'm glad you kept on blogging, you're one of my favorite reads :-)

Unknown said...

I'd often wondered about the story of your blog name. It's a sweet and touching story. :-)

Keep on blogging!

Unknown said...

Ho. Lee. Crap.

You had got PG when Will was only 6 mos. old? Whoa.

I always wondered about the meaning of the Tuesday Update...thanks for the history.

Whenever I come here I get so freakin' excited about Day Zero!!! It's SOOOOOO close!!!!

Monogram Queen said...

Awww how wonderful that Wendy won it. She's such a sweetie! Can't wait to see what you send her. That's a really sweet story about Tuesday Update!

Mary Alice said...

It is a great way to have the family and friends keep up with things when you are spread all over creation. And you make so many nice new friends blogging.

Mary Alice said...

It is a great way to have the family and friends keep up with things when you are spread all over creation. And you make so many nice new friends blogging.