Monday, June 25, 2007

Don't you just love surprises!

As I have said before, going to get the mail is one of the highlights of my day! Despite shredding 3/4 of it (but I love my shredder), I still get all giddy. We have one of those community mailboxes so the poor little mailmen only have to stop at one place instead of 24 houses. So I get my little golden key as Livi calls it, and go across the street.
I got the new Pottery Barn Kids catalog. There are some very cute backpacks and lunch boxes. I earmarked a few pages because we will be needing some cute ones in a month or so.
I get some magazine for Mike....make note to self to cut off address before I stick it in his next box going out. ooh wait. what is this?? something I don't have to shred??
Then what do I see??...what is this cute little envelope from Starbucks?? I know I tried every dang day to enter when they were doing the free t-shirts on their website. I never did get one. I am sure they gave out like three a day, but I was there every day trying! I kept trying to remember if I entered my birthday on their website. I mean, I know I go to the one here a lot. But since I started going to Jazzercise, I had cut back considerably.
Call me slow, or more likely, exhausted. But I was wondering what I had done to get a gift card from Starbucks. Then in teeny tiny print at the bottom is a note from my husband.
I have already gotten my birthday gift of the new camera when Will left our the old camera out in the rain. My birthday isn't even until July, so I was quite surprised.
Livi and I just might have to go have a latte and a star muffin tomorrow. Thanks husband!

10 comments:

Sisters with Style said...

What a nice surprise! Your husband sounds like a really great guy!!

sandra said...

I so wished we had a Starbuck's in our neck of the woods. I would be there 10 times a day(probably more). The closest one is 30 min away, and by the time I got back to work it would be COLD!!! What a nice gift, so maybe there will be more??!!

tulipmom said...

Going to get the mail is one of my favorite things too. Your hubby sounds like a sweetheart!

tommie said...

sisters with style- he is, and this deployment has shown me how much he really means. Yes, I am sure the clothes in the bottom of the closet will bug me next year! But overall, he is wonderful!!

sandra- ours in on one of the busiest streets in town, so we don't go as often as we used to.

tulipmom- yes, he is. When he was home, he would often take the kids to get me one on my 'sleep in day'...we traded off days on the weekend.

Monogram Queen said...

Awwww that is so sweet. I pulled up at Starbucks to try a piece of their orange creme coffeecake this a.m. but the line was too long and I had to scurry off to work empty handed.
P.S. I want a "golden key"

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Tooooo sweet! I love random acts like that....

Wendy said...

That is so sweet! I love surprises in the mailbox.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww...what a guy!

k e r r y said...

mmm... caramel machiatto is my favorite. Getting the mail too - but only so I can intercept the credit card bill first if it was a "busy" month! What he doesn't know won't hurt him - right?!

Anonymous said...

What a loving thoughtful husband you have. You must be glowing with love for him!!
Pre-Birthday celebrations I could go for that!!