Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Visit to the duckpond

After I pick the kids up from school, we head straight home for naps/quiet time. 90% of the time Livi needs a nap after being at school all morning. Well, after a fairly hectic morning (apparently some kid lost two teeth after bumping into a table)....so the adrenalin was running high. After an hour or so I realized no one was going to nap. It seemed fairly cool .....how sad is it that I am say saying high 80's is cool?? So, we loaded up and headed over to the duck pond.

We got there and noticed no ducks anywhere. The kids were quite bummed, so we started walking along the jogging path to the other side of the pond. After getting quite scared by some mongo earth moving equipment, we made it to the other side. Whew hoo.....ducks. We only saw about three. But as soon as the kids started tossing old hamburger buns at them about 8 more materialized.


Livi was fine with them while they were in the water. Once they came onto land she kind of freaked out. We were by a little bench, so she just stood on there. We stayed for a bit until their cheeks started getting rosy. I guess it wasn't as cool as I thought. I had to use this picture to show Mike how long Livi's hair is. When he left, she was sporting a mullet, so I had it cut into an ear length bob. It is still super fine at the top, just enough to put up in a little piggy for her bows.

I just noticed this picture looks like Will is shirtless....he's not. I totally love shots from behind. It always reminds me of that Dr. Seuss book "Oh, the Places You Will Go". Right after I took this, he said, "Come on, you two slow pokes."

As we were walking back to the car, we came across this gazebo. I told them they could have a M&M if they would let me take a few more pictures. I got a few that looked like "mom, put us out of our misery....let me go play now." So I said the all-time favorite word that is guaranteed a laugh and big smile....."UNDERPANTS"... it worked.....Great job guys....I think I have a Christmas photo now.

12 comments:

tulipmom said...

LOL ... these photos are just priceless! And G-d bless M & Ms.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

These shots are perfect. But that last one, as you indicated, is PRICELESS. They are so beautiful!

Monogram Queen said...

Too cute! Wait they only get ONE M&M as a bribe? :)

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing at the measly bribe as well! But if you can get away with it...go for it!

I've been looking at your pictures lately, and keep thinking that you are really getting good at capturing the perfect moments. These are going to be such treasures someday. (I really wish there had been digi cams when the girls were little. Film was so spendy for us back then, that I didn't dare take too many pics)

Janet said...

You take such beautiful pictures of your children! I love the heart off to the right in the last one :-)

tommie said...

tulipmom-I carry a the smallest Glad container full of them in the diaper bag...I think it is only 1/2 cup. But I dole them out like little chocolate nuggets of gold!

worksformom- Thanks...they keep me on my toes!

patti- Yes! Isn't that hilarious. I know one day they will realize they are getting ripped off.

susan-thanks. I carry around my camera to whatever we do, even if it is just playing at the park. I probably take 50-75 pics...and only 5-10 will be good.....one or two might be great! I can't even imagine doing that with film.

janet- I noticed that when they crawled up there..

Libby said...

Hee-hee, "UNDERPANTS" still makes me laugh and I'm much older then your two cherubs!

Beautiful photography, I didn't notice the heart until Janet pointed it out but it is the perfect detail, isn't it?

Unknown said...

That shot will be perfect for the Christmas card! They're so cute!

Unknown said...

I WAS in shock and aaaaawwwwwww over the fact that you got the two of them together and smiling, until you said that you BRIBED them...now Im just going to thank you politely for the idea.

Head Hen said...

Cute, cute! She looks so much like you and he looks like the pictures you've posted of your husband. BUT they have the same happiness in their eyes and in their smiles. I can tell they love each other--you are such a lucky duckie! Did you get that pun on the duck pond theme? Hee hee.

CarrieB said...

Ummm, OK, wait....WHAT NEW CAMERA??

Spill Sista!

***tapping my toe here, impatiently waiting for the replacement on my new 40D (first one was a lemon)

tommie said...

libby-seems so 1987 to carve in things...this is a relatively nice little park.

fleur de lisa-thanks!

jessie-that's what I am here for.

headhen-you hit it on the head! She is mini me....and Will looks so much like his daddy.

carrieb- a digital SLR I got in May...see may 1 post.