Tuesday, October 09, 2007

my blue eyed boy and a silly question


my blue eyed boy, originally uploaded by tommiea1.

After the three day weekend, the kids were ready to go to school. No poking and prodding to get them moving along. Both kids were lined up, lunch boxes in hand, waiting for me to grab my coffee.

Speaking of coffee, if you like flavored creamer, International Delight has a Pumpkin Spice flavor that is to die for!! So I was making a to go mug of my spicy little delight.

We finally get out to the car, get the kids strapped in and Will says, "Let's see what this baby can do!"

Uugghh, what did my little four year old just say?? Least he forget I drive a cool mom wagon mobile....not some monster truck. Did he sneak out and go to some racetrack this weekend?? I mean we are in Texas. We see these mongo trucks with wheels as big as a small house. Here he is talking to me like he needs to strap on some extra gear while in an off-road monster truck.

I swirled my head around and just cracked up laughing. I asked him where he heard that.....he said oh so nonchalantly, "At school! It's my new favorite book"

Nice....the foofoo preschool we are sending, not one but both of the kids too is teaching them this. I could only begin to wonder what kind of Texas etiquette they were teaching....Is there such a thing as a redneck curriculum?? Do you get to learn how to eat pork rinds and burp as well?? Is this one of the after school classes I forgot to check off that we didn't want them to do??

Once we got to school I asked one of the teachers what book is "let's see what this baby can do!" is in......who knew? It is The School Bus Driver from the Black Lagoon.

Oh yeah, no redneck curriculum.....just a silly Scholastic book.

So how was your Tuesday??

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey now, theres nothing wrong with a boy being interested in cars ;)

Monica said...

He's a cutie! Thanks for the packing link...why is it always such a chore??

Libby said...

What a riot! You must have just about fallen out of your seat when he said that! Sadly, the Scholastic books we read growing up never had contemporary lingo in them, I'm jealous.

Little Town Big Life said...

Good bye "Run Dick Run"!!! I felt the same way when I noticed an excerpt from "Captain Underpants"!!!
But, they are mostly tame!!! And the good books are really GOOD!!!
Doesn't it just crack you up when you hear "big" language coming from those innocent, little mouths!!!
Hang on Tommie--you're in for quite a ride as they grow up. Learn to smile and pray for them!!!

tommie said...

jessie- he does love his cars.

monica- so welcome, i keep one printed out and in the luggage. Each kid has their own luggage with a list specific to them.

libby- I know...my favorites were the hardy Boys mysteries and Nancy Drew.

Little town Big Life- It is never boring around here!!

Monogram Queen said...

I guess they have moved beyong "Fun With Dick And Jane". :)Will is so cute!

Unknown said...

Are they serving pork rinds at snack time along with pitchers of sweet tea? ;-)