Sunday, October 07, 2007

Hurry home Husband.....

With a pit in my stomach, I started to write this post. I poured myself a glass of vino and was boohooing. For some reason Nickelback's song "Far Away" popped into my mind....Keep in mind it is almost 10:30PM here. I'll skip the details but the kids (and myself included) took a late nap until almost 5PM. So now finally at 10ish the kids are in bed, the kitchen is cleaned, my evening routine checklist is checked off....and I get all mopey.

I started thinking back. October 8 is the day I drove Mike to post to drop him off. One year ago tonight (well really Monday night but you get the idea.) We only have about 70 days or so to go. While I was searching YouTube for this song, the phone rings.

My first thought was "Who in the he!! is calling this late?" Since most of my street is deployed I assumed it was a neighbor needing something. I kid about my only goal through this deployment is to make it through without going to the emergency room. I guess the epitome of the worst is waiting in a tiny waiting room with two preschool age children.....anyway where was I??

Oh yeah, the phone, by the time I sprint to the kitchen and look at the caller ID...I was shocked!!! It was Mike. He NEVER calls this late. He usually calls first thing in the morning or the afternoon so he can talk to the kids. I quickly do the math and figure out it is 7:30 in the morning there. He must have had to go in early. Whew hoo!! I get fifteen minutes of uninterrupted time to just talk. I tried not to get all sappy. So how is that for timing?? Kind of like some magic karma reaching across all the times zones.....did he somehow know I was really needing him??? Makes me get chill bumps just thinking about it!

Indeed it has been way too long...I know I can do this, many other wives before me have. I have found through this deployment, I am a much better wife, mom, and person with Mike than I am without him. I love you husband, hurry home!

Anyway, here are the words to this Nickelback song:

This time,
This place
Misused,
Mistakes
Too long,
Too late
Who was I to make you wait
Just one chance
Just one breath
Just in case there's just one left
Cause you know, you know, you know
That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you'll be with me and you'll never go
Stop breathing if I don't see you anymore
On my knees,
I'll askLast chance for one last dance
ause with you, I'd withstand
All of hell to hold your hand
I'd give it all I'd give for us
Give anything but I won't give up
Cause you know, you know, you know
That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you'll be with me and you'll never go
Stop breathing if I don't see you anymore
So far away
Been far away for far too long
So far away
Been far away for far too long
But you know, you know, you know
I wantedI wanted you to stay
Cause I needed
I need to hear you say
That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I forgive you
For being away for far too long
So keep breathing
Cause I'm not leaving
Hold on to me and never let me go

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, very sweet. I think intuition that you needed him last night made him call that late.

Monogram Queen said...

That is so very sweet that he called and it gave me goosebumps too. I really admire you and the other wives who are keeping the homefires burning while the husbands are off defending our country. I know I "could" do it, but i'm glad I don't have to.
Selfish, yeah that's me!

Libby said...

I'm so impressed that he was there for you from a million miles away. That's what love is, after all, an unexplained "knowing" with a little magic mixed in. I hope you know how much I look up to both of you. And I hope you don't mind that I'm counting down the days right along with you. :)

Monica said...

I can't imagine how you do it...so glad you got a nice little surprise phone call!

Unknown said...

Quiet times are the hardest- when you aren't busy, you have time to think more. I'm so glad he was able to call!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Wow this was so beautiful. Magic time indeed. How awesome that you go to talk to him in silence. Uninterrupted. Sweet.

Desert Diva said...

I'm sorry that you felt alone and lonely. However, it's amazing how "little miracles" come into our lives. I'm glad you had a one-on-one chat with your husband.

carmilevy said...

We'll count the days right alongside you.

Nothing like a great Canadian band to get the soul stirring. We grow songwriters on trees here, apparently.