Thursday, October 18, 2007

acorn doughnut holes


acorn doughnut holes, originally uploaded by tommiea1.

Aren't these adorable? Myy neighbor brought them over this afternoon while both kids were taking a nap.

Because Will took a nap this aftern.oon, he is not sleeping now. I would much rather have both kids in bed sleep by 8 than a couple of free hours in the afternoon. Call me crazy, but I need some quiet time in the evening.

back to the acorns.....they are doughnut holes with chocolate frosting, dipped in crushed pecans, with a pretzel for the stems. I ate one. I don't normally eat doughnuts, so my mouth felt like it had a layer of slime in it. Will licked all the chocolate frosting off and spit the nuts back on his plate. I should have taken a picture of that. I can hear him now, "Blog this, Mommy!"

Happy Friday....

16 comments:

Sheila said...

Yummy! They look delicious....

nene P said...

So cute! Who would have thought about makin that? Im going to have to whip those up. But, I will eat them all!

nene P said...

So cute! Who would have thought about makin that? Im going to have to whip those up. But, I will eat them all!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

First of all, you are not crazy. I can see why you'd want the free evenings.

Secondly, they sound divine. I've never heard of those before ...

tulipmom said...

So yummy-looking and clever.
SB would have done the exact same thing!

Monogram Queen said...

They ARE cute. I'm not a huge fan of nuts but I have yet to meet a doughnut I didn't like! LOL

Janet said...

what a cute idea! makes a great presentation :-)

KatBliss said...

Cute!

Libby said...

How very clever! I hope that you all get some much needed quiet time this evening.

tavolini said...

those are neat-o! Do they taste good, though? I don't usually do donuts either...but for the novelty factor I might make some tomorrow for breakfast. Just slip them onto the table with eggs and toast :)

Kellan said...

What a cute idea - they look delicious! By the way ... we have a crap load of acorns this year (all the rain) in Texas. You should see all the acorns in my yard!! See ya.

tommie said...

tavolini-I didn't like them...but I don't eat doughnuts. If I am going ot waste calories, it is not going to be on a doughnut....it will be an adult beverage!

kellan-so do we....I can't even walk barefoot out to get the mail without stepping on those little caps!

Anonymous said...

Aren't those just the cutest things? I'm trying to think of something else I can use that idea for...I don't care much for the little grease balls either.

I'm glad you are all over the ickies for now. And I totally get wanting some free hours at night.

Anonymous said...

Tahnk god these are far far far away from me...I would devour them.
I am a pigette.

Unknown said...

Those are so cute! Your neighbor is very creative.

I know what you mean about the quiet time in the evening. It's really necessary to wind down after a long day.

NH Yocal said...

These look awesome. I have to try them.