Monday, October 01, 2007

reflection award


After thinking about this award for almost a month from Natalie of Tulip Mom....I finally got around to it.

I don't remember when I started reading her blog. I think it was back in the summer. She has a son with Asperger's. She is also pregnant again after many tries. I love her little letters she writes to Sweet Boy. So thanks, I do appreciate this award (even if it took me almost a month to bestow it on a few more bloggers.)

Anyway, according to the rules,

This award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way...

I am grateful for the following 5 bloggers who encourage and inspire me:




Libby -- from A Study of Schoolbooks and Shoes....Libby's is another one of my favorite blogs. I am way impressed with her cooking skills amongst other things. We tried her banana bread and it was to die for! Sometimes banana bread can be dense, but hers was fluffy almost!

Lisa-- from Fleur de Lisa -- She has an amazing eye for photography. The pictures she captures on a daily basis inspire me to play around more with my new camera.



Works for Mom from What Works for Us-- I think I found her blog during a Thursday 13 post. She has a great attitude...Go help her decide what to do with her mom jeans...I was seriously cracking up about that one.

Carrieb -- from Blah, blah, blog....She throws amazing parties, does amazing scrapbook projects, and is all around fun.

Lisagh - from Grosgrain Garage- Lisagh first started reading my blog some time back. I quickly became a fan and friend. She shows many sides to herself. The fun zanny side you can imagine going out and having a fun time with...to the serious side during a break up. Her honesty is amazing.

When I started this blog, it was to keep in touch with Mike and family far away. But what I have found is so many great bloggers. I do enjoy my time in the evenings once the house is picked up and the kids are in bed....I can sit down with a few friends and get a few laughs. Some days those laughs go far when I am feeling all sappy.


I have another award....The Egel Nest Blog Award to give out as well. So start pimping....just kidding, I'll get to that one some time this week.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, thank you Tommiea! How sweet! I love looking at your photography too-- it's always so fascinating to me to see how others see the world. :)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Wow sincerest thanks Tommiea! That was such a nice surprise. Your blog is a daily read and I always enjoy your content and photographs!

P.S. I hope you know how thankful I am for what your husband does and the sacrifices your entire family makes as a result!

Libby said...

Tommie, I had been having such a crap day right up until this moment, thank you for the much needed lift. :)

You are such a good mother and loving wife- not to mention a very talented photographer- it's an honor to read your blog.

Gina said...

So sweet. Congrats to those who won.

Monogram Queen said...

Great picks and I need to know how to make fluffy banana bread. I have only ever had the "dense" variety!

KatBliss said...

What a great blogger friend you are. Such nice things to say about other people... now I am excited to check out a couple new blogs. Thanks and congrats to you!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Did you say fluffy banana bread? Oh the teenage daughter would love that! I will have to go and check out your picks - I am sure they will be great!

tulipmom said...

You are so very welcome. I'm looking forward to checking out some new blogs.