Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Project Black.....take one


Hot stone massage, originally uploaded by tommiea1.


Anna of Anna Carson Photography is doing another color challenge..... black.


I was so excited to see these were the stones for my hot stone massage I had this afternoon. I quickly snapped a few with Will's little camera I keep in my purse. Since I was so relaxed and almost asleep, I hoped at least one would turn out!


Also, they had these had blown glass balls suspended on thin string in the windows. It was so cool looking. I thought it would be a perfect window treatment for my orange bathroom. I am so going to do this!
Happy Wednesday, y'all!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I call those "witches balls". They are supposed to absorb negative energy that comes through windows. They were very popular in early America - but lead to more than one burning.... sounds like you enjoyed your massage?

Janet said...

That's what I call them too. Beautiful shots!

photowannabe said...

The black smooth stones are perfect for Anna's black project. Great choice.

Wendy said...

Love the black rocks...hope the massage was great!

Anonymous said...

hot rock massage... gotta love that! great idea for PB... will see you soon :)

me ann my camera said...

Another interesting choice for project black. Isn't it all fun, posting your own and then checking to see what others have posted too!
Thank you for your comment on mine.

megz_mum said...

I like those coloured glass balls!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Those black stones look so artisiticlly arranged! Nice shot!

Anonymous said...

This photo is stunning!

Monogram Queen said...

Wow I love the term "witches balls" Hope you enjoyed it!

k e r r y said...

I love love love hot stone massages! They are my favorites!!

Joanna said...

I'm telling ya, there will come a time when we can say we knew Tommie when she was just taking photos - now they are works of art.

Can't wait to see the pictures of the bathroom!

Dea Felis said...

I agree with joanna! :)

Thin string? Or fishing line or thin wire?

Raven said...

Mmmm. Massage sounds wonderful. The colored balls and the black rocks area both lovely.

just jamie said...

I love those little glass ball thingies. They're hard to find (and expensive when I do). Hope you find them so I can covet pics of your house. :)