Saturday, July 26, 2008

my Friday


my Friday, originally uploaded by tommiea1.

After signing our names on approximately two inches of paper, we headed to our new home! We had already dropped off the paint when we did our walk-thru the previous day.

Despite my detailed lists of "things needed on day one of a PCS", I still had to run up to Lowe's, Target, and the grocery store. While I was gone, Husband was able to get all of that hideous wall paper border off. If you ever need to take wallpaper down, there is an amazing little product called Diff. You spray it on, let it set, and it literally peels right off.

That evening Will some some kids from the across the street.. We met most of the families on this end of the street. There are about six little boys under five. Only some young teen girls, but Livi loved them! The neighbors seem very nice.

After playing outside for a bit, we came in and got started on the painting......we as in Husband and Will. I got Livi settled into bed. Then....ready for this, I put two shelves, a desk and a hutch together! Oh yeah, just call me Wonder Woman.

After just one day, the wallpaper is removed. The kitchen painted a gorgeous neutral khaki. The living room is prepped to become Nacho Chip. The bathrooms are prepped to become Frangrant Cloves. The new SEPERATE Husband officer area in the basement is done. I didn't get to finish a glass of wine....but I did have a few sips!

Finally at a little after one this morning, we got to bed......

Happy Saturday. y'all.....

4 comments:

J said...

Congratulations! It must feel great to finally be in your home.

Anonymous said...

HURRAY! Did you waltz in every room yet?? Maybe after all the painting! Good for you! I bet the house is almost gorgeous by today.

((hug)) Almost there....

Janet said...

Thanks for the tip on Diff...do you know if it can be used on walls make of horsehair plaster?

Fragrant Cloves...what a GREAT name for paint!

Joanna said...

Someone told me to mix fabric softner and water and spray it on and same thing.

Fragrant Cloves is what we painted our family room - LOVE IT!!