So...here we go!
1. one of my strongest beliefs is *only you can control your actions and reactions to things.
there are many things in life we can't control - relationships, when someone we care about dies, other's people's actions . . . the list goes on forever.
the only we can control is our own behavior, our own actions & reactions. even truth is subjective & facts can mislead, it all depends on someone's perspective - look at eye-witness testimony, people don't see things the same way, the forget or get confused.
for me, it entails - treating others as i would want to be treated, being open-minded & tolerant, expecting the best from others, but understanding if & when they fail to live up to that, not asking someone to do something i wouldn't do, being worth of other's trust, not betraying others . . .
it's a high standard & i screw up occaisionally, but it's making the attempt to the best of my ability that's important.
like i said, you can't control anything, but yourself & if you fail that, what's left ----->stepping off my soap box now...dang, that was long winded
2. *made a* huge *decision this week*!
3. the sky is cloudy with a threat of rain and wind and cold, so *i know i will sleep well tonight, i love rainy nights*.
4. *the sound of rain coming down* is comforting to me.
5. i always thought I'd be *a fun mom, teacher, friend*
6. *i was talking on the phone with a friend* and then I went outside to look at the full moon.
7. and as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to *pizza with the kids*, tomorrow my plans include *going to OKC with BFF Traci and Sunday, I want to *make the most of the day*!
PS, i know the moon shot is a bit fuzzy...but i loved the full moon with a bit of fluffy clouds cruising by....it really did have this huge glowing ring around it.
happy weekend, y'all
Friday, October 22, 2010
So...here we go!
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Once again it is time to play Sunday Stealing ... can i play on a tuesday evening? of course i can, it's my blog
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? dang, i have some mongo bags under my eyes! i wonder if i have any cucumbers in the fridge. (ps, i didn't!)
2. How much cash do you have on you? i get out enough to cover eating out at craptastic drive thru food for the month, so probably about $100
3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR? bore....and i do know a few...i hope i don't bore anyone enough they think of me when they hear this word
4. Favorite planet? for reals? Mars....because "girls go to Mars to get more candy bars, boys go to Jupitar to get more stupider" ......but let's totally overlook 1.) I don't eat many sweets and even more importantly 2.) stupider?? is that even really a word...who is more studpider now?? it just may have been those superfluous candy bars
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? my son's soccer coach....oops!
6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone? only if you promise not to laugh...."bounce" by the Jonas brothers
7. What shirt are you wearing? cute gray T from Target
8. Do you label yourself? with my handy dandy label maker....absolutely Mother of two,Sooner, Photographer, Control Freak, Creative, Curvy, neat freak, Amusing, Sleep Deprived, organized.....should i go on?
9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing? barefoot....but with some lemon verbena lotion on my tootsies
10. Bright or Dark Room? depends...sleeping, total darkness
at home in the afternoon....blinds pulled, sun shining in
11. Did you do anything to celebrate John Lennon's 70th yesterday? not a single thing
12. What does your watch look like? my bulova is my favorite .. pink face.. simple ...exactly like me, okay maybe my face is more tan than pink...but simple, classic...that is me!
13. What were you doing at midnight last night? sleeping, i am a working woman now!
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? "cute enough" in response to my friend Ashlee wanting a "cute pic" to have on her phone for when i call her
15. Where is your nearest 7-11? we don't have 7-11s, we have Stripes now, i think.
16. What’s a word that you say a lot? "i see"....
17. Who told you he/she loved you last? kids...O & W when I put them to bed.....love me some kid love!
18. Last furry thing you touched? muhahahhaa ... I could have so much fun with this! ..but I'll be honest....Josie, the French Bulldog!
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? one word: cramps....so ibuprofen....in large doses
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed? None!! It's called digital!
21. Favorite age you have been so far? I would say 42 ... It was probably my most life changing period....it just happened. i have to remember that in the end, it is all going to be okay. Living life on the straight and narrow.
pic taken of a road in Oklahoma....it really is this flat and straight. Life does go on, and just beyond the horizon is something you can't just quite imagine.
so imagine and wonder what will be
Saturday, October 09, 2010
right now! (borrowed from Janet)
1. i am thinking… it's been a good weekend
2. i am thankful for… first...family, friends, and a great place to work
3. from the kitchen… will come chocolate chip pumpkin muffins..(W's absolute fav muffins of all time, and a great way to welcome fall!)
4. i am wearing…eeks...it's late.....a grey t-shirt, leggings...and socks! my feet are cold
5. i am creating… an organized home that fits us
6. i am going… to take my mom out to eat for her bday tomorrow
7. i am reading… a book that goes through twelve weeks of lessons of where i am right now in my life.
8. i am hoping… to enjoy each day as it comes
9. i am hearing… cows mooing in the background...i live out in the pawpaw patch
10. around the house… it is very quiet
11. one of my favorite things… Root candles in the mulled cider scent
12. a few plans for the rest of the week… finishing up the first nine weeks of school...knowing i did it. i can do this
13. A picture to share…this is the road behind my house....i drive up it to cross town to get to my school. we get to see the sunrise most mornings. with each new day...
happy October, y'all