Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Tuesday February 15, 2005

Hey there all....how's your week going? We are doing pretty good. I took the kids to the Oakland Zoo on Wednesday. Yes, I drove up I-680 to get there! People here drive like maniacs, but we lived to tell about it. Here is a picture of the kids....It is a fairly small zoo. It was so nice out, we had a great time. No, I didn't put any sunscreen on Livi! I learned my lesson. But she was covered from head to toe with clothes. Her little chubby face is the only thing sticking out from her jacket! When Will saw the animals, he would make a mooing sound. I tried to tell him they weren't cows. Then again, what sound does an elephant make?? He kept making growling sounds too...we see llamas on the way to the grocery store here. Mike told him that llamas growl....so whenever we ask, "What sound does a llama make?" Will will growl...it is hilarious! Here is a zoo pic of the kids:

Around Christmas time, Will started shoving things down his shirt. At Christmas, it was bows. At my aunt Rose Mary's house, (where we went to Christmas) he was taking all the bows off presents and shoving them down his shirt. I don't know why, but several times a day I have to clean out his shirt. He is wearing shirts with snaps at the bottom because if he has a regular one on he can get to his diaper and undo it....I have changed way too many outfits to deal with that on a regular basis! Anyhow, here is a picture of it:
Oh my day is never boring! Who knows what you will find in there. Lately it has been the bbq tools and food from his little Fisher Price grill. You know they have been in there way too long when they are warm when you pull them out! He has even taken a nap with some of them in his shirt. I thought I had done a through cleaning out of the shirt before I had laid him down....guess not!
Livi is still her pleasant little self....here is an adorable picture of her:
Mike and I went on our first date alone this past Friday. We went to an awesome place here in Pleasanton called Haps. We had reservations at 7:15....the kids are in bed by 7, so they babysitter was basically just downstairs watching TV...once the kids are in bed, they don't wake up until the morning....Livi has been waking up at 4AM for a brief feeding, but then she is back to sleep until 8AM or so. Well, at 8:30 the babysitter called. She wondered where the bottle was for Livi.....I didn't pump since she never wakes up....I couldn't believe she even woke up! So we finished our dinner quickly, got dessert to go, and headed home. But we did have a good two hours, not bad for the first time out without the kids. As soon as we got home, I snuggled Livi, and let her comfort nurse for just a minute or so....and she was back to sleep! But the brief evening was very nice!

Hope all is well with y'all....love and miss you,

No comments: