i took this picture last fall
the grass is almost back to being this green
there was frost on the ground this morning
BUT it was melted quickly
it was warm enough to ride scooters to the bus stop
a bird made a nest in the wreath on my door
she laid two eggs as well
i had to move the wreath since she was dive-bombing people coming in the front door
we are trying to sell the house
can't have some little bird dive bombing potential buyers
i love spring
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
i took this picture last fall
Thursday, March 25, 2010
1. I am thinking… I am so over the spitty dreary rainy day.
2. I am thankful for… my family, sounds cheesy I know!
3. From the kitchen… I made my favorite Greek pasta salad.
4. I am wearing… jammie pants and the shirt I had on today.
5. I am creating… an organized home with routines that work for us.
6. I am going… to bring cookies to Will's class since he is the Star Student this week.
7. I am reading… The latest Land's End catalog!
8. I am hoping… that realotors will quit calling me and wanting to show the house in less than thirty minutes!
9. I am hearing… Gene Simmons' Family Jewels on the DVR. Don't laugh, he is fairly stable and very funny!
10. Around the house… is little to no mess....see #8!
11. One of my favorite things… is a quiet house with a cup of warm coffee and my sudoku puzzle from the newspaper.
12. A few plans for the rest of the week… cookies at school, pizza Friday, and rent a kid movie: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs or something fun!
13. A picture to share…My hair is getting really long. I haven't cut it in almost six months. I still get my roots touched up (don't look too closely, my color appt is next week!)
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
frequently i have this dream i am flying
it is dark, i assume it is dusk
i can tell people are on the ground....i feel like they are my people
if i fly high enough i can see a path
i try to land as gently as i can on the delicate limbs near the top
the limbs are like these in this pic, kinda flimsy and frail
i try to land on them anyways, just so i can see the path
i usually wake up after flying from treetop to treetop
i never fall...i just wanna fly
so, I leave you with Sugar Ray's "Fly"
maybe you can fly, too
Monday, March 22, 2010
* impromptu s'mores around the firepit with the neighbors
*movie and popcorn in the living room
*sunday nap on a rainy afternoon
and since i haven't done one of these in forever: manic Monday
What do you value most in other people? just one?? how about a few: creative, open minded, honest, hard working, fun,
If you could only see black and white except for one color, what color would you choose to see? shades of grey
You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about? there is so much more to life than high school, move on, have fun!
**pic of me and livi taking on friday, when it was nice and warm...and not overcast
Monday, March 15, 2010
these adorable shirts are now hanging in my closet.
now if the weather would cooperate, one would be hanging on my back.
please, sunshine, come back.
ps, i was completely giddy this afternoon. i spent at least an hour organizing Livi's closet. i moved the spring clothes to the "current clothes" side of her closet.
so, please, sunshine...come back and make two girlies really happy
Friday, March 12, 2010
And...here we go!
1. I am so looking forward to *the spring flowers blooming*?
2. *See you* later.
3. When you get *soft pears, make ginger pear muffins*.
4. *Routines and organization* is a big part of my life.
5. If you need anything *call me cell, I am never home*.
6. *Livi is* a trip.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to *PapaMurphy pizza and ginger pear muffins*, tomorrow my plans include *a little grocery shopping* and Sunday, I want to *remember to set my clock...spring forward*!
Friday fill in questions courtesy of the talented Janet
Friday Fill In hosted by --
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Livi had school this morning until 2:30. They missed so many days in February, they are doing extended days on Thursdays.
I had all kinds of plans to go up to Louisville. (I had to take my car to the Volvo dealer to look at some headlight problem.)
THEN this is what we woke up to. This dark gray cloud rolled just as Will was getting on the bus.
I am not one to drive in the rain. I am really not one to drive in the rain with just one headlight.
I came home, did a few chores, and took a nap!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
can you see those teeny tiny little things on the branches?? i do believe they are little blossoms.
bring on the allergy meds, i'll take the fluffy stuff flying all around.
ps...the people that came for a second look asked for some more information about the subdivision rules about fences!!
Monday, March 08, 2010
first of all, don't faint.....I really am blogging again. i felt overwhelmed for a bit. i felt obligated to post here. i felt like it was one more thing i had to check off my list each day. i threw a little temper tantrum, stomped my foot, and said, "i won't! i won't do it!"
but then the sunshine came out. i felt the warmth of the sun on my face. i felt like i had a picture i did want to share.
i still haven't picked up my camera. this is just taken with my phone, but it is a start.
we listed our home this past week. we already know we will PCS (army speak for move) this summer.
at the drop of a hat a realtor will call. i am too scared to say, 'uuh, no, you can't come." so, i load the kids up and head to a park. this is the bridge to one near our house.
i loved the symbolism as well....i think i am ready to cross that bridge one more time and blog.
just maybe, notice Will is only about a fourth of the way across.
but it is a start, i still feel the sunshine