Tuesday, November 04, 2008

welcome to my night

Carmi at Written Inc has a new Thematic Photographic: night

I am truly a night person. Always have been for as long as I can remember. Stay up late and sleep in....then throw in two kids in two years. All that came to a screeching halt! Finally at ages 4 and 5, I can stay up a wee bit later.

Since the whole spring forward, fall backward thing... the kids have been to in bed by 7:45 or so.
Once the kids are in bed, I used to run around and clean up the stuff I didn't get done during the day. But as they have gotten older, we can all do room rescues and it stays pretty well clean. So now once they are in bed, I just veg. Seriously, I catch up on any trashy reality shows I have on DVR. I light a little tealight in this cool hanging lantern. It is a deep cranberry red. During the morning light, it sends little sparkles all over the room. I have recently found scented tea lights. Now I am burning one called Ember...kind of a spicy fall scent.

Just a little bit of my night. I love the night...quiet, peaceful, thinking of nothing.
Happy Tuesday, y'all

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that's gorgeous! and what a great way to delineate your day. I like to have scented candles on during the day for the same reason.

Monogram Queen said...

I love the night too but even with the time change my kid still won't go to sleep like I wish she would! I've missed visiting your blog. Hopefully i'm back now. Happy Post-Election Day!

Anonymous said...

I live my normal nocturnal lifestyle during the summer but have to switch to early mornings during the school year. I think, now that my oldest is a junior in high school, I *might* finally be getting used to it!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

You and me both. I hate getting up in the morning most days. But then again, when the kids go to bed, I do so much stuff FOR ME. I don't mean clean or anything, but I watch my shoes, play on the computer and you know...do what I can without having distractions.

I don't burn enough candles so I think I shall put that on my todo list this weekend.

BTW, I know it was Tuesday, but I baked muffins last night!! YAY!!! They were fresh berry and OH SO DELICIOUS!

Corey~living and loving said...

I stay up tooo late, just so I can have some ME time. I put sugar to bed, then get hubby to sleep, and they stay up an hour of more later for photo stuff, digital scrappin, and blogging. i'm always tired in the morning. ugh.

CC said...

Pretty!! I don't love night, but I'm always up too late.

bernieg1 said...

Five is so awesome. I would love to go to Alaska someday.

Check out my TT: 13 Reasons Obama Won the Election