Thursday, November 06, 2008

Photostory Friday

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

Lately in the afternoon, the kids and I have been going on a walk in the neighborhood. Livi got a big girl bike for her birthday. She has taken a few spills on some sloped driveways, but she gets right back on and keeps going. A couple of days ago, Will stopped under this huge tree. Since a gentle breeze was blowing, it was like it was raining leaves. We don't have huge piles of leaves in our yard, so it was fun to stop and play. I almost want to ask the homeowner if I can rake his leaves so the kids can play in the piles. They had so much fun playing in them this past spring when we lived in TX.
I finally remembered to take my camera on the walk.....while I didn't catch any falling, I do like the oranges against the still green one in the back. I absolutely love this time of year. The mornings are cold enough to we are a jacket. The afternoons are in the low 70's.
Happy fall, y'all!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy that's gorgeous! Wow. I love the quality of light here. And what fun to go for a walk with the kids in the neighborhood.

Janet said...

What a great shot, Tommie! Nice bokeh :-)

Chris said...

The color is beautiful.
We used to go around the neighborhood and rake up leaves for my best friend's mom, when we were kids, because they didn't have any trees in their yard, and she wanted a pile of leaves to play in.

CC said...

Gorgeous pic! I'm so jealous of your temps right now. It is windy and rainy and the cold just seeps through your clothes here.... yuck!

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

Love the pic! I too love the weather this time of the year but ours is more like 80s in the afternoon!

Steph said...

Beautiful pic.!
Happy fall to you too!

Indrani said...

The weather sounds so pleasant and crisp there. Have a Happy Fall on the pile.

stacey said...

Beautiful Picture!!! I love this time of the year too:)

Cecily R said...

That shot is BEAUTIFUL. It just captures the season so cleanly and perfectly. I love it!!

tavolini said...

That sounds so nice--taking a walk and playing in the leaves. The picture is great, too!

I want to see some bicycle pics :)

Anonymous said...

It's been unseasonably warm here lately. I need to remember my camera on a walk before it gets too chilly again and all the leaves fall. I just love the gorgeous colors!

tiarastantrums said...

beautiful colors in the photo - weather has been fantastic - except today!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Ooooh that color is GORGE Tommie, beautiful shot! Isn't fall fantab!

Corey~living and loving said...

great photo. I love being a part of your day through your story. :)

Jennifer said...

Happy fall and what a great shot!

Wendy said...

Great picture! I need to get out with my camera more. Getting cold here already.

Tabitha Blue said...

Beautiful photo and story as well!! As a homeowner with lots of leaves... I'm sure they'd love if you offered to rake up a couple of piles!! :)

Susie said...

Great pic Tommie! Happy fall right back at ya!

Desert Diva said...

Beautiful autumn photo. You can come rake my leaves if you want! ;-)