Monday, November 24, 2008

Manic Monday....and some more cookies


Manic Monday is hosted by the talented fleur-de-lisa

Do you ever talk to yourself out loud? Sometimes

What do you talk about? I am most likely saying, "Oh crap!" about something. But with Pete and Repeat never far behind, I have to watch what I am saying.

What stresses you out? When things don't go according to my plan. I am a planner...I have lists....schedules ....and routines. While I can handle it usually, I do not like it!

What are your secret talents? I can pinch with my toes...does that count?


Still in the mode of cookies....we made Peanut Butter Cream Sandwich cookies for muffin Monday. While they were absolutely delicious, they are very rich! Livi showing some love to the ingredients. Anything that has marshmellow cream has got to be good. This is out of this month's Better Homes and Gardens magazine.


Ingredients

1/2 cup chunky peanut butter (we used creamy)
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
Granulated sugar
1 recipe Peanut Cream Filling, below
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In bowl beat peanut butter and shortening with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl. Beat in baking soda, salt, and as much flour as you can. Stir in any remaining flour.
2. Form dough into balls, using a level teaspoon each. (I use the smallest Pampered Chef scoop.)Place 1-1/2 inches apart on ungreased or parchment-lined baking sheets. Flatten by making crisscross marks with tines of fork dipped in sugar. (We didn't dip in sugar...they have plenty of sugar in them!)

3. Bake 7 to 8 (ours took 10 minutes) minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack; cool.

4. Spread one teaspoon Peanut Cream Filling on flat side of half of cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days. Freeze unfilled cookies up to 1 month. Makes about 4 dozen sandwich cookies.

Peanut Cream Filling:In medium bowl whisk together 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter, 3/4 cup marshmellow creme, 3 tablespoons milk, 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon; and 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin. Gradually whisk in 3 tablespoons powdered sugar. (We did NOT put cumin in this cream. I swear that has to be a typo.....but that is what it says in the recipe.)

5. Plate and share with friends.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Those cookies look amazing! I can't get over your kids' expressive faces...too cute!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Those look great! Cumin in a cookie? That is very weird and hope it's a typo.

Heather said...

Those do look RICH! Yummy though. I love how Livi is hugging the ingredients. Too cute!

Joanna said...

Look a squished Livi.

Janet said...

Pete and Repeat ... that's what my Mom used to call my brother and me LOL!

I can pinch with my toes, too...and throw rocks! Monkey toes!

CC said...

Those cookies look/sound fantastic!!!!

And cumin????

Unknown said...

Oh yes, you have to watch everything you say, don't you? :)

I'd say pinching with your toes is a secret talent for sure!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Those look sooooooooooooooooo good. Wowza. Were they amazing?

I could make up a reason to put cumin in the filling, but why bother? They look really good as is.

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my word. I am drooling over those cookies. slobber...slobber....