Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Questions and Answers




I got this in an email from my former co-workers......made me miss them!!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Usually I'm a gift bag type of gift-giver... EXCEPT at Christmas. I am attempting something new this year: Will's stuff is wrapped in green, Livi in red, and us in white. We'll see how it goes.


2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. Allergies.....and totally stealing this next part from my old co-worker, David: "if you really need that "Pine Fresh" smell, I'd suggest cleaning your toilets."


3. When do you put up the tree? Our tradition is to always put it up the day after Thanksgiving. This year it is up but not decorated. We are waiting until Husband gets back.


4. When do you take the tree down? Between the 26th and New Year's.


5. Do you like egg nog? Is there bourbon involved?


6. Favorite gift received as a child? I don't really remember.....which makes me wonder if my kids will remember anything they ever get!

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Just the Little People one the kids play with

8. Hardest person to buy for? Usually it's my father-in-law, because he never really needs anything.


9. Easiest person to buy for? the kids

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? socks from my great aunt Ruth....actually it wasn't the worst, probably the funniest....she also used to give us chocolate covered cherries.

11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? I am totally playing the "deployment" card this year....I might mail them out in January....call them New Year's cards.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The last few years I have done the hardcore combat-day-after-Thanksgiving shopping with my sister. But I buy stuff year round and keep it in a 'gift closet'.....you know I do!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I think I like recycled better than re-gifted.....but yes, I have done this with smelly things that make my nose itch.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? divinity

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear white lights. simple and classic

17. Favorite Christmas song? I know I blogged about this: TSO Carol of the Bells


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We are staying home since he has a little bit of work stuff until the 23rd.


19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes, there's Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen. and the most wonderful reindeer of all, Rudolph, **way too many Christmas movies on these days***


20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I think it is a star...how sad that I can't even remember


21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We do both. One on Christmas eve....usually the jammies, and the rest Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People rushing around three degrees of pi$$ed off.....I am like, stop and enjoy the season.



23. What I love most about Christmas? vegging in pjs with the family all day




HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 comments:

Ashlee and Carey said...

How many times did you receive this email? I haves gotten it quite a few and sent it to you too!!! The countdown is down to one hand!!!! WHOO HOO!!!!

tommie said...

I got it from you and David U.....which totally cracks me up that he still sends me stuff. even when my classroom was next to him, I rarely if ever saw this goofy side in the way he writes.

I am going to reply to his with a link to my blog since I quoted him in it.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I love that pine fresh statement. THAT should be a bumper sticker.

5 days? That must mean his flight leaves SOON. AWESOME.

Kellan said...

Hi Tommie - I love fudge, but my best friend Susie loves divinity! I also love It's a Wonderful Life and plan on watching it and White Christmas with the kids this weekend. Have a good Friday - see you later. Kellan

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I can name all the reindeer too! I have been able to recite T'was the Night Before Christmas word for word since I was like 8!

The Pettijohn's said...

Here via Ashlee's page!! Thank you for the Cooking Light recommendation! I'm very new to this but very intrigued :) Would love to hear any and all comments you have on recipes!! and hello!!

Monogram Queen said...

I can name the reindeer too and I think it's sweet of you to wait until Husband is home to decorate the tree. This will be a Christmas for you to really remember!

Libby said...

Wait, what is divinity? Is it really better than fudge?

Unknown said...

I like the color-coded wrapping paper. I've done something like that before too.

Desert Diva said...

TSO actually calls their piece "Christmas Eve in Sarajevo," although it's a medley of various songs with "Carol of the Bells" being the central theme. I think the first person to do something like this programmed the lights and music to "Wizards of Winter."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK90Ys2LhSo

Scoobers said...

totally agree on #22.
stressy rushy people stress me... not fair.

Anonymous said...

This is fun to read, I may steal it. :)

Three days? That's so exciting!!! I'm so happy for you guys.