Wednesday, December 26, 2007

cheers!


cheers!, originally uploaded by tommiea1.

We had a great Christmas.....how about you? The kids got us up way before the sun came up. I had a "make ahead" breakfast casserole in the fridge....so I just popped it in the oven. They had a great time finding stuff in their stockings. I don't think that they even realized there was stuff under the tree. It is in the office, so we had to go to another room!

We just kind of vegged around all day. We even all took naps!

For dinner Husband grilled the steaks . He was kind of worried since he hadn't used it the last year. I like my steaks medium with a teeny tiny thin line of pink. He likes his just barely thrown on the grill. He did have to take them back out for a bit! But overall, there were awesome.

We had this wine that Husband's parents brought back from their tour of Europe this summer. It is a vintage of Husband's birth. We were going to save it for out 10th anniversary and his birthday....but he was still gone. So we thought Christmas was a better time to have it. I have not ever had a wine this old. It was really good with much 'deeper' taste than my normal $10-20 bottles!

Have you started packing up the Christmas decorations yet? I have at least gotten all the wrapping stuff put away!

9 comments:

Desert Diva said...

Good steaks, great wine, and a happy family - what could be better for Christmas? I'm glad you had a wonderful day!

Libby said...

Cheers, indeed!

Kellan said...

I'm so glad you had a good Christmas and the win and casserole sounded wonderful! We had a good Christmas too. (McDroolworthy - very, very funny, BTW) - see you soon. Kellan

Anonymous said...

The day sounds wonderful as does the wine!

Monogram Queen said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!
You would probably have a twitching fit at all the mess, ahem, chaos in my house! Which will probably stay that way until at least February because i'm lazy like that!

Wendy said...

So glad you had a wonderful Christmas! I did the "make ahead" casserole for the family too! Yum, it is one of my favorites.

Janet said...

WOW! That's quite a bottle of wine! Nope, Christmas decorations stay up for 2 weeks past Christmas...that's our tradition :-)

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

We had a lazy day too - and that's just the way I like it!

dawn224 said...

That's a great picture :) (sorry, I'm just now getting caught up on reading)