Thursday, August 30, 2007

Final beach pics and a week recap

This week has flown by! Tonight I had to be in two places at once: a MANDATORY meeting at the kids' preschool and a kickball game....it's preschool for goodness sake...I can read the manual. How hard can it be? :


  • 1. Get your kid to school on time.

  • 2. Pack a good lunch not something full of junk and sugar.

  • 3. Pick them up on time.


See, my version could have been done in two minutes rather than the two hours I wasted there tonight! Oh well, despite the crazy director (who communicates with the kids much better than adults btw)...the kids absolutely love it. Livi is doing well. Today she told me, "Mom, they have shakers at school."

***Edited to add: I couldn't get it to load just the May 29, 2007 post, so scroll down to read if you click on the "shakers" link.***

I said, " They do!" Note to self: Talk to the teachers that if they are missing any maracas to check the kids' bathroom.


Being the little mother that she is, she said, "Now you don't have to worry about me, I can use the big girl potty at school. And I close the doors so nobody sees my business!" She is looking mighty proud of herself while she is saying this.


She is doing very well. I have already shown her on her calendar that there is no school on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. On Fridays they have to wear their school shirt. She was pulling out a pair of shorts tonight that matched the shirt. She cracks me up, she said, "This red gingham matches the red in the little girl's shirt." Gingham....who knew she even knew that word? She started to dig through her bows to clip on the shirt...when I showed her the one I had made that matches it. She gave me the biggest hug and said, "I will be the cutest one there!" No, self-esteem problems in her little world.


Will is doing fine with her in his class. Their preschool is a multi-age classroom with 3-6 year olds in it. He is very attentive of her without being too bossy. I was afraid they would bicker some, but so far (Knock on wood!) that hasn't happened.


We didn't make it to the kickball game...oh well, it is four year old kickball....not Friday Night Lights in Texas.


Since it is against my blogging religion to post without pics....just a few more from the beach.

One of the other girls took this. I hate to have my picture taken. But Mike always loves it when I put my mug on here too. Don't think I even took that hat off for a second the entire time we were there!

He was pretty much done taking pics by this time....he is saying, "Mom, may I please swim in these shorts??"


Livi is never far from her bunny....Bunny has been in every one of her yearly pics. I knew bunny would be on this vacation as well. I love pics taken from the back....so that's all folks with the beach pics.....Back to our regularly scheduled Will and Livi fest.

10 comments:

KatBliss said...

Great pictures. Sounds like you had a lovely time at the beach.

Also, I love the pictures from the first day of preschool. I felt a wee bit weepy for you. :)

sandra said...

Great beach pics, sounds like you had a wonderful time at "Will's Beach house"!!

Anonymous said...

Your meeting verision is spot on. There isn't much to say to good parents.
Thank you for adding a picture of yourself. It is good to see you, my friend! Very pretty as I expected!

Wendy said...

That picture of you and Livi is so cute! I need to get a hat like that for Mexico. I looked at them at Target yesterday but couldn't decide. I love that last picture of her dragging her blanky!

Our Open House at preschool was kind of silly. It wasn't mandatory though.

tulipmom said...

Your recap of the meeting is so true.

Love the photos especially the one of you and Livi.

Monogram Queen said...

Looks like things are going "smimmingly" :)

Desert Diva said...

Schools try to "cover all the bases," since lawsuits always seem to be waiting in the wings.

I love all of the beach photos - thanks for sharing!

Monica said...

I like the hat...I can never find anything to fit my big head!

Blog said...

Couldn't they have just sent out a letter instead of making you all sit there like that? Hmph. Stuff like that's annoying. At least you got to meet some of the other parents?

LOVE the PICS!!! YOU look GORJ!!!! :) Kids are adorable!!!!

tommie said...

wendy and monica- That is a scala hat. It has a band inside that is elastic so it really fits and stays on your head. I got it in SC in Charleston when Will was 2!