Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Thursday 13: the letter B



Happy Thursday, y'all! Want to play: the new thursday-13

1. For the letter B this week, I have a story about my little boy:

2. Last week, he informed me after one full week of school, he was ready to ride the bus.

3. Husband found out the time the bus ran past our neighborhood. We went to bed a little earlier since he had to be out there at 6:55 AM. Yes, that is BEFORE 7 AM....crazy I tell you!

4. I woke up the bowhead.

5. She put on her bathrobe (note to self: make sure she wears shoes next time. Just in case we have to take the boy to school!)


6. I know this shot is kind of blurry. But at oh-dark 30, a little boy is way too excited to stand still for a phone shot. (I have come to love blurry shots so much, I made them a set on my Flickr!)

7. As the minutes start ticking my, we see bus after bus, pass us. He looks up at me with his big blue eyes, "Mommy, will it ever show up? Do you think they know where I live?"

8. Finally, an older kid shows up. He starts giving us bits of advice. "this bus passes by first, etc" Will asked him if he was ever nervous riding the bus. He said, "Not really." **Mom note here: I was like, "Boo on you kid! This is the first time (besides the practice bus ride at Open House) he has ever ridden on a bus. I did not say this, but did think it.

9. Bad answer...BUT then he recovered and said, "Well, I am pretty sure I was nervous the first time." High five, kid!

10. Just beyond the trees, we see it coming around the corner.


11. He grabbed his backpack and lunchbox.
12. My baby is growing up.

13. I did the hug and kiss before the bus stopped. I don't know if he would be embarrassed in front of the other kids. "Bye bye, Bubba.....I'll pick you up this afternoon."

Dang, I am getting more teary-eyed now than I was this morning! I know this is posting late Wednesday night, but I have to get to bed. A little boy I know wants to ride the bus again!

5 comments:

Dea Felis said...

:D I love it. I hope he continues to like riding the bus and you don't have to go deal with the carpool lines. :) (If he has one bad day, tell him to give it another week. ;) )

Dea Felis said...

PS. I got on the bus at 7:25am, but I was always the last or next-to-last stop. The kids at the start of the line were at their stops around 5:30am. 7am isn't bad. :)

Corey~living and loving said...

LOVE the way you told the story. :) what a BIG BOY you have there.

tavolini said...

Oh wow--great story! I'm very proud of Will for being so brave!

I still remember my first day leaving school on the bus--I was terrified and started crying because I couldn't remember my bus number. Luckily, my neighbor saw me and pulled me to the right bus! (I'm sure there were only 4-5 buses, but it felt like I was at Port Authority)

Janet said...

You did good!!!