Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Playing around with the camera

I have just recently started reading Corey's blog: Living and Loving Every Minute of It. She has a series of Corey's Photography Tutorials. Rather than like the normal person to start with the first one, I dove right in with the last one. She showed some adorable shots of her daughter jumping in some water puddles.



Since my favorite kids were at preschool, I played with the water faucet. I turned the faucet on and just took a whole bunch. Then I thought, oh how fun it would be to take some of the sprayer?


Did you know you can't take a picture, hold down the force flash, and squeeze the water spray nozzle at the same time? So what's a mom on a mission to do? I figured out that I could wrap the nozzle with a rubber band to get it to always stay on.....Just call me a genius! Okay, that one was pretty cool.....but I really wanted the water droplets.






Aaawwww, more like it. Don't you know I had a shiny sink to boot!


BTW, I had fun with this little experiment. I looked at the clock and realized it was time to go get the kids. I totally forgot to take the little rubber band off. Later that afternoon I turned the water on, only to get a full on shower from the banded nozzle! Yep, you are in the presence of a genius! Take note....remove the band.

25 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

WOW! Those are really fun! I love all three.
I laughed out loud at you getting sprayed. that is totally something that would happen to me.
I am so pleased you are enjoying my blog. :) thank you for your kind words. I look forward to reading your blog more.

Libby said...

Tommie, awesome! Seriously, incredibly cool! D and I are way impressed, especially by the last one.

Biddy said...

that is sooooo something i would do!

ok, so i've probably asked before, but what part of tx are you in? i'm in abilene...abilene...purtiest town i've ever seeeen

sorry...musical moment there

MBKimmy said...

Great shots - very fun!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Yay for fast shutter speeds! :)

tulipmom said...

Cool pics! And too funny about getting sprayed! Sounds like something I would do.

Jen said...

How fun! And you know I'm totally picturing you getting sprayed with that water! Too funny!

Open Grove Claudia said...

Gosh, those are gorgeous. I absolutely love them. And I'm blown away that they are just water... in your sink... Wow.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Very cool pictures. Fun to look at.

Desert Diva said...

You're becoming quite the photographer. I love experimenting with the camera!

IamDerby said...

Really cool pictures!

Beth Cotell said...

Love the pictures! I think Corey would be proud!

Kellan said...

You did a great job - those are great pictures. This is on my to-do-list ... learning how to take better pictures.

Have a good day Tommie - see you soon. Kellan

Anonymous said...

that was funny you may have to rethink calling yourself genius though, especially if you give yourself a shower

Don Mills Diva said...

I don't know how you managed to make a shower look so exotic but those photos are great!

Vashonnte said...

love your pictures! so creative!

Janet said...

You crack me up, and your creativity and ingenuity are amazing :-) Love the shots!

Ashlee and Carey said...

You just boggle my mind with your creativity!!! Love it!

Monica said...

Cool--what kind of camera do you have?

Unknown said...

I am laughing at the thought of you spraying yourself! :)

The whole experiment is exactly like something I'd do. It sounds like fun. That's how you learn more, in my book anyhow.

Very cools shots, Tommie. I've been wanting to play with water droplets too.

jennwa said...

Those are great pics.
I love Corey's Tutorials, they are very helpful.

Monogram Queen said...

Those are seriously neat!

Laski said...

OMG--these are gorgeous! The first one would look so cool in a bathroom--it kinda makes me have to . . . um. Like I said, COOL photos!!!

Aisha said...

Good job! Yes, you are a genius! Very good shots! Wish I could do that.

Aisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.