Saturday, September 29, 2007

Retail therapy......gotta love it

I was feeling just a bit weepy today......In just a few short days I will celebrate an anniversary I could care less about.....365 days ago, my best friend loaded up a few duffel bags into my cool mom mobile, kissed the kids goodnight just like every other night. But then I dropped him off at a gym on post in the middle of the night under the stars. .....I didn't linger like some wives. I just couldn't. I gave him a hug and a kiss and said goodbye. Not knowing if I would ever see him again.


I dropped his parents off at the airport today. I don't know if it set off a flow of emotions, but I was strung as high as a kite all day.


So when my neighbor called about a jewelry and candle party I was all over it! When we lived in KS, a military wife made these super fun necklaces. I started with the basic black, brown, turquoise....you can mix and match these on different necklaces. So now I at the point of getting just some fun ones. Anyone who knows me in real life knows I am a black, khaki, white and denim sort of girl....throw in a slash of color and that is me.
Since so many wives have moved down here, they both have 'consultants' here.....AND they have parties!!!




This was the perfect retail therapy for me....I ended up with a necklace. It is kind of a coral red color. I wear this color a lot in the fall. It is on a thin brown leather cord. I have a black cord if I need to mix it up. Whew hoo, call me a wild child!




I also got this bracelet. Kind of a fun little colorful number....you might even consider it a happy little bracelet....hopefully I will improve my mood when I wear it.
I got a few candles from the Candle Queen. Flavors like Juicy Grapefruit, Red Hot Mama, Pumpkin Spice, and Mulled Cider. I absolutely love spicy warm fall flavors. I really wanted one called Angel Wings, despite the fruity name I thought it would smell like roses or something. But it smelled like a cabin in the winter with warm spicy scents of cardamon and nutmeg...just up my alley....but after my deal of buy three get one half off, I couldn't justify getting any more....
even if it was for some much needed retail therapy!

8 comments:

tulipmom said...

Sounds like the candle and jewelry party was just what the doctor ordered. Love your purchases, especially the necklace ... it's perfect for fall!

Anonymous said...

I am glad ther was a light to your sad day. I cannot imagine how you do it. The fear alone would drive me mad.
If you send me your address i would like to send you a vintage bead to use in your necklaces?

Desert Diva said...

Retail therapy is good - much less expensive than the "traditional" kind. I'm a candle lover too - Yankee candles are my weakness.

You are a brave, strong woman with a husband who loves you. Keeps those thoughts in mind until you are all reunited.

Unknown said...

Oooh, I love that necklace. It was a great way for you to get out and be able to have a pleasant distraction for a little while. A year is such a long time. My XH was in Operation Desert Storm and was gone 10 months-- and that felt like such a long time.

Libby said...

What beautiful jewelry, no doubt both pieces will lift your spirits when you wear them. And candles that smell like Pumpkin Spice and Mulled Cider, how lovely.

tommie said...

tulipmom- I wish we had more 'fallish' weather here...it is still in the 90s!!

Corey-I don't know how I do it either....I guess just one day at a time.

desert diva-Yes he does!

lisa-we have about 80more days to go...ugh.

libby-I am planning out what I can wear tomorrow so that I can wear one of them!

Monogram Queen said...

Yay for retail therapy - much needed after the sad anniversary!

Little Town Big Life said...

UMMM the candle scents sound like my favs!!! I also love spicy fall smells & boy, am I ready for them!!
The jewelry is fab--does the gal make it herself? I am such a jewelry freak--kind of like a crow, love anything sparkly.
You are in my prayers sweetie! I know the pain of seeing someone you love off, but think of the joy of seeing hubby return!! Each day is a step closer! 80 days sounds long, but I am praying the days will fly for you! Start planning that "coming home party"! Start the kids making their banners, cards, etc. Start taking pics of "homecoming smiles" to share. You are sooo close---keep your chin up!