how we spent the weekend...
lots of sunshine
taking down the trampoline
fall is almost over
laughing in the leaves
happy monday, y'all
Monday, November 23, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
**act like this picture is just above #4....blogger is acting picky this fine evening!***
1. The last band I saw live was......oh man, I sure it was some kind of Disney on Ice or the Wiggles. lovely, I really should get out more.
2. What I look forward to most on Thanksgiving is.....being surrounded by my loud chaotic family, lots of kids, great food, wine. oh yeah, bring it on!
3. My Christmas/holiday shopping is .....a mere figment of my imagination. though i am starting to make a list of ideas.
4. Thoughts of Will fill my head. he wants to walk from the bus stop to the house all by himself!!!
5. I wish I could wear those wide leg long trouser pants....but when you are barely 5'3", you just look silly!
6. Bagpipes always make me cry...
7. As for the weekend, I am looking forward to taking Will to tae kwon do then pizza with the family, tomorrow my plans include a cut and color, and Sunday I want to ....take a wild honkin' guess: sleep in, baby!
Thursday, November 05, 2009
2. decorated: for fall, my favorite time of the year
3. dyson: love my handheld one....the kids think it is fun to "get" to help clean
4. distraught: when I walked into Will's classroom yesterday, .....and he wasn't in there! but, he was in another class doing math.
5. downloaded: Glee-the-Music-vol-1 can't get enough of that show! love it
6. dinner: or do you say supper?
7. drink: of choice, diet DP
8. don't: think I will ever be a morning person
9. do: wish i were...it would totally make my mornings easier
10. dang: my choice of words....just waiting for the day that pete and repeat say it.
11. Disney world....best vacation ever.
12. dillards: used to be the place to shop when i was younger....are those even around any more?
13. daylight savings....still working on getting used to it
Thursday 13: Letter D 2008
Wednesday, November 04, 2009
on tonight's menu: roasted butternut squash and shallot soup. it is a simple three step process: roast, blend, simmer. this soup is so good! better than that, i can do everything but warm it up earlier in the day.
then we finally get home, warm it up, make some grilled cheese and dinner is served.
Monday, November 02, 2009
as i write this at 7:43 pm, both kids are already fast asleep. daylight savings time has taken its toll on the kids.
this morning when the kids came in between 5-5:30, i was seriously wishing they had a snooze button on them. i can honestly say i would totally be the first one to bop them on the head for nine more minutes of sleep!
thankfully they didn't have school today. something called FDEA on the school calendar. i don't know what FDEA is, but I am ever so grateful for it.
Husband did have to get up to go to work, so he fed them breakfast. thank you Husband! whew hoo....got to sleep in just a bit anyway.
happy monday, y'all